SOLVED internet explorer notworking

AGB

Reaction score
About a month ago Windows 10 did some sort of an update and since then Internet Explorer has not worked. I googled and tried everybody's suggestions and nothing worked. I went into Programs and Features and unchecked the Internet Explorer and rebooted then checked for updates. After checking for updates it said I had all the latest updates. Went back into Programs and Features and checked the Internet Explorer box again and re booted and still nothing. Went into Microsoft Edge and opened a web page then tried the option from the dropdown menu to "Open with Internet Explorer" and nothing happened. I tried to restore to all the restore points and after a long wait on each restore point I got the "Unsuccessful Restore and No Changes have been made". I hope I Don't have to do a fresh install just to get it working again. Is there any hope?

Reaction score
I just tried it. Found it under Windows accessories. Seems to work. My W10 is completely up to date (.726)

Reaction score
Two possibilities.
!. Do you have a third party antivirus program. If so disable it and see if IE then works.
2. Reset Internet Explorer.
Right click the start icon and select the Control panel.
select "Internet Options and the Advanced tab.
At the bottom, "Restore Advanced Settings"

AGB

Reaction score
I solved the problem. First of all It didn't show in my windows Accessories, but it did previously. I tried a system restore to an earlier time, no luck. I ended up running the "Media Creation Tool" and selected the "Keep Files & Apps" choice and after about an hour to a little more it finished and I crossed my fingers that it fixed it. It Did. Now the only problem I have is When I start a web page I can't get it to open in full page. I Manually resized it then selected "Maximize" then "Restore" and it would go back to the partial screen size. I click on the maximize box in the upper right corner then close, when I would open that or any web page it would open in a smaller screen and I have to click the Maximize box. So the first part is solved, so I will mark it as solved. Now it is the second part.

Ask a Question