SOLVED Internet Explorer

Reaction score
I've just noticed that Win 10 Pro will no longer open I.E. Browser. The only options are Fire Fox and Edge. I'm currently using F.F. I don't use Edge, period. All of the IE files/folders still reside in program files, but refuse to open IE even tried opening IE with my Admin account, no luck. I liked the option of having the option of switching between F.F. and I.E
Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That's weird and something doesn't look quite right in your image.
I don't see "iexplore.exe"

Capture.PNG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Maybe have a look at
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features
Left column "Turn Windows features on or off"
Make sure "Internet Explorer 11" is checked
OR
Try unchecking it, clicking OK, rebooting and then going back and checking it again, clicking OK and rebooting.

Reaction score
Thanks Again! Found it unchecked in Add Programs and Features. Don't know why I didn't check that myself Duh! "iexplore.exe" shows in program files now that IE is enabled. I'm happy!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22.2 KB · Views: 528

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Don't know why I didn't check that myself Duh!
No idea..... gremlins, goblins or trolls perhaps :)
Always good to check around and see what works and doesn't, like......
Every time, I upgrade / update I always double check System Protection / System Restore
IDK why but it seems to randomly get turned off.
Evil magic? :confused:

Reaction score
I do exactly the same after every update, I'm very particular with System Protection / System Restore. I don't understand why MS has the idea that users don't need System Protection/Restore with Win 10. I guess they figure that every user knows how to use the advanced settings, so turn off System Protection / System Restore by default.

Ask a Question