Internet Exployer

Reaction score
We used to be able to open Internet Employer on the live tile and go down the bottom and click add to start. The bar at the bottom is no longer their and if you want to add a tile to the start program I am unable. Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
As far as I know practically anything can be pinned to start or taskbar.
Go here
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer
right click iexplore.exe
and pick you poison.... pin to start, pin to taskbar, send to Desktop (create shortcut).

I assume you may be talking about having done something with the Internet Explorer "Modern App" which is not present in this build.
There are a couple hacks out there that supposedly will make it work, but hardly worth it if you ask me.

Reaction score
We used to be able to open Internet Employer on the live tile and go down the bottom and click add to start. The bar at the bottom is no longer their and if you want to add a tile to the start program I am unable. Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Maybe that is what you are asking about......

1. If you are at the Modern ( Metro) Start Screen window, click the arrow to go to Apps > right click at Internet Explorer > click Pin to Start.

2 If you are at Win 10 Start menu window, left side, click All Apps > scroll to find Internet Explorer > right click at it > click Pin to Start. ( or, you can just drag/drop it to the Live Tile section ).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes. I believe the OP is referring to the (already opened) "Metro" IE. David's solution should do the trick.
But, fwiw, kb7uar, you are aware that you can open IE, or any Apps, now in Windows X, in Windowed mode?

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yes. I believe the OP is referring to the (already opened) "Metro" IE. David's solution should do the trick.
But, fwiw, kb7uar, you are aware that you can open IE, or any Apps, now in Windows X, in Windowed mode?

Yep...now there's no need for "Modern Mix" from Stardock to accomplish this. Although you'll still need it for windows 8/8.1, which I have along with Start8.

Ask a Question