internet not recognized

Reaction score
I installed Win10 on 2 computers that are both attached to the same internet modem and were working fine before and during installation. Now, the internet connection is not recognized by one of the computers. I had no problems at all with the installation of Win 10 on the other computer. I've run the diagnostic, restarted, disabled and enabled the Ethernet and everything else I could think to try, but shouldn't it recognize the internet connection like it did before?

Reaction score
Here's an update. I contacted Time Warner, my internet provider, and the technician guided me through a process by which we disabled and re-enabled the Ethernet connection. Then we unplugged the internet cables from both the modem and the computer and shut down the computer. We waited a few minutes, then connected the cable to the modem (in another open slot). Then the other end of the cable to the computer, then turned the computer back on. When the windows screen came up, the internet was recognized and working fine. I hope this will help someone.

Ask a Question