Internet on and off

Reaction score
In my Win7 I have pulled out a copy of "Local Area Connection" on the desktop and thus can turn the internet connection on or off with a click there.
How can I do that in Win 10 (Pro)?

Reaction score
In my Win7 I have pulled out a copy of "Local Area Connection" on the desktop and thus can turn the internet connection on or off with a click there.
Disapponting that no-one knows....

Reaction score
Apparently much the same as disabling wifi, but it does not disable the ethernet connection... How can that be done with a click?

Reaction score
Click on the WiFi icon located in the Task-bar, near the bottom right corner of your screen. In the menu that appears, click on the WiFi Action button to Turn ON WiFi

1629098225480.png

Reaction score
Sorry, but wifi and ethernet by cable are two different things. The advice is good - but only for wifi, thanks anyway.
Wifi and airplane mode are off but ethernet is still on. I use it all the time but never use wifi - why? 1. It has only limited access where I live and 2. I prefer to minimize radiation. The good old ethernet via the telephone cable is certainly good enough. But I cannot turn its connection off and on in Windows 10... Yet I can in Windows 7 with just a click... And that is the main issue for me, not wifi.

Reaction score
Apparently much the same as disabling wifi, but it does not disable the ethernet connection... How can that be done with a click?
You would just remove the Ethernet cable to disable the Ethernet connection.

Reaction score
Of course... and then the power plug to close the computer... Like screwing out the lamp bulb before I go to bed.
If it can easily be done with just a click in Win7, there must be a way also in Win10!

Reaction score
Can you not recreate what you did with Win 7 on the Win 10 PC or does this not work?
You have asked how to disable Ethernet & disconnecting is easier than clicking any shortcut. Why reply with what appears to be a sarcastic answer.
Try Control Panel>Settings>Network & Security>Status>Change adapter settings>Right click the Ethernet & choose disable, you can also choose to create a shortcut to the Ethernet.
Then right click the shortcut to enable/disable the Ethernet.

Reaction score
Don't think the wifi will work with the ethernet plug in anyway. Disable one the get the other.

Reaction score
Can you not recreate what you did with Win 7 on the Win 10 PC or does this not work?
You have asked how to disable Ethernet & disconnecting is easier than clicking any shortcut. Why reply with what appears to be a sarcastic answer.
Try Control Panel>Settings>Network & Security>Status>Change adapter settings>Right click the Ethernet & choose disable, you can also choose to create a shortcut to the Ethernet.
Then right click the shortcut to enable/disable the Ethernet.

Sorry if joking with words appears sarcastic...
Your advice is similar to what I did in Win7, only with a difference in terminology. I will try that!
Thanks.

Reaction score
Going back to my original advice (Wireless only), if you click the taskbar icon, you can then "disconnect" your ethernet.

Reaction score
Keep us updated.
That's it! Thanks! It works like in my Win7. I dragged out Ethernet Status to the desktop to make an icon there. Clicking on it, I van disable or reenable the Ethernet connection.
If I am working a long time on, e.g., a text document, I usually do not need the Internet. Then I prefer to disconnect from it for reasons of privacy (such as tracking) and security (sniffing in my computer) and so on. Then I prefer to keep MicroCIA out.

Reaction score
If you are worried about tracking, use firefox with blocked third party and with Privacy badger attached to your browser and tracking is over, honestly.

Ask a Question