iPod Nano 6th Generation won't sync

Reaction score
I upgraded to Windows 10 and suddenly my iPod Nano 6th Generation won't sync. From what I can tell, the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver seems to be missing from my computer. I have been unable to recover it. iTunes is up to date. Windows 10 is up to date with latest updates. Computer is restarted. How can I acquire the Apple Mobile Devise USB Driver and/or get my iPod to sync? Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Don't know whether you've been helped or you found it out yourself. Anyways I had the same problem.
I figured it out by using the help from apple and adjusting it a bit.
Saw my ipod under other devices in the device manager. The Apple Mobile Device USB driver wasn't active either.
I updated the driver software by right clicking the ipod marker. And then it all worked just fine. Suddenly the Apple Mobile Device USB driver was active and after restarting the itunes it automaticaly start syncing like in the previous windows versions.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your solution and welcome to the forum.

Reaction score
Okay so this is super late from when you originally posted about this problem but I figured I should still share the solution I came up with in case anyone else has this problem.

>Okay so what I did was disconnect the iPod from the computer.
>Then turned the computer ALL THE WAY off.
>While it was off plugged my iPod back into the computer while it was still off and reset it (holding the power button and volume down button)
>turned the computer back on
And after that it recognized the iPod again

Ask a Question