IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Bsod

Reaction score
So my machine keeps crashing with the error in the title. I ran WhoCrashed and it says that it was caused by ntkrnlmp.exe. I have no idea how to fix it. I zipped up the dump file, but it says it is still too large to upload. Please help!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You may need to upload your dump file to a file sharing site and post a link here so others can download to view, as the information in the file will be needed to determine what precisely is corrupting and triggering the irql error.

Apart from doing that, you could in the meanwhile see whether the build in Blue Screen troubleshooting tool may help resolve things.

To do that simply:
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Control Panel
  • In the Control Panel window select View by: Large icons
  • Click Troubleshooting
  • A Troubleshooting window will open. In the left pane click on View all
  • After a few seconds the window will populate with a list of troubleshoot tools. Click on Blue Screen
  • The Blue Screen troubleshoot window will open. Click Next button to allow Windows to attempt to detect issue and hopefully resolve it for you.

Report back on any results from that too.

Regards,

Regedit32

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
First of all, to prevent future problems with the size of your dump file being too large to upload even after compression, please configure your system as described below.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
That should provide a much more manageable .dmp size, considerably smaller than that 800 megs you uploaded.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses
MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: LARGE
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE
BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE
PRIMARY_PROBLEM_CLASS: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_LARGE
So I think we'll go with memory corruption. It suggests a driver but I'm not seeing one that jumps out at me.
Even your nVidia driver nvlddmkm.sys Sun Jul 10 17:20:31 2016 would seem to be pretty current.
However there are a couple associated with Silicon Labs
SiUSBXp.sys
and
SiLib.sys
Which date back to 2010 which may need to be addressed and another couple for your Razer input device, Make sure you have the latest from them.

Other than that the stack is suggesting Page Faults.
Could be a driver, but.....
IF you are using an SSD..... make sure you are also using the latest firmware from the manufacturer.
Check with ASUS and make sure you have the latest chipset and drive controller drivers installed.
Consider upgrading your BIOS
Looks like 1902 has some additional system stability fixes over your current 1801 installed version.
AND
Your memory...

Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Reaction score
First of all, to prevent future problems with the size of your dump file being too large to upload even after compression, please configure your system as described below.

That should provide a much more manageable .dmp size, considerably smaller than that 800 megs you uploaded.

So I think we'll go with memory corruption. It suggests a driver but I'm not seeing one that jumps out at me.
Even your nVidia driver nvlddmkm.sys Sun Jul 10 17:20:31 2016 would seem to be pretty current.
However there are a couple associated with Silicon Labs
SiUSBXp.sys
and
SiLib.sys
Which date back to 2010 which may need to be addressed and another couple for your Razer input device, Make sure you have the latest from them.

Other than that the stack is suggesting Page Faults.
Could be a driver, but.....
IF you are using an SSD..... make sure you are also using the latest firmware from the manufacturer.
Check with ASUS and make sure you have the latest chipset and drive controller drivers installed.
Consider upgrading your BIOS
Looks like 1902 has some additional system stability fixes over your current 1801 installed version.
AND
Your memory...

Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Thank you for your help. I will try the memtest tomorrow. If nothing comes up, I will try the bios update. I checked and my razer equipment, graphics card, and SSD drivers are all up to date. I cannot find how to update the SiUSBXp.sys and SiLib.sys drivers though. Any ideas?

Regedit32

Reaction score
Both those drivers are related to your USB and come from Silicon Labs.

http://www.silabs.com/Support Documents/TechnicalDocs/AN335.pdf

This is a document about these drivers. I have not read the entire document, but I assume you could use the site to obtain the driver package you need, or possibly the Manufacturer of motherboard has drivers for the chips on the board that allow your USB ports to connect.

Ask a Question