IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Bsod

Discussion in 'Crashes, BSODs and Debugging' started by ABJohnson395, Aug 17, 2016.

1. ABJohnson395

ABJohnson395

So my machine keeps crashing with the error in the title. I ran WhoCrashed and it says that it was caused by ntkrnlmp.exe. I have no idea how to fix it. I zipped up the dump file, but it says it is still too large to upload. Please help!

ABJohnson395, Aug 17, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. ABJohnson395

Regedit32 Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You may need to upload your dump file to a file sharing site and post a link here so others can download to view, as the information in the file will be needed to determine what precisely is corrupting and triggering the irql error.

Apart from doing that, you could in the meanwhile see whether the build in Blue Screen troubleshooting tool may help resolve things.

To do that simply:
    • Right-click on Start
    • Left-click on Control Panel
    • In the Control Panel window select View by: Large icons
    • Click Troubleshooting
    • A Troubleshooting window will open. In the left pane click on View all
    • After a few seconds the window will populate with a list of troubleshoot tools. Click on Blue Screen
    • The Blue Screen troubleshoot window will open. Click Next button to allow Windows to attempt to detect issue and hopefully resolve it for you.

Report back on any results from that too.

Regards,

Regedit32

Regedit32, Aug 17, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. ABJohnson395

ABJohnson395

Hello Regedit32,

I uploaded the file here: http://www.filedropper.com/memory_1

I tried running the Blue Screen application you told me about and it says that there was no issues found.
    Thanks!

ABJohnson395, Aug 17, 2016
  4. ABJohnson395

Trouble Noob Whisperer Moderator

First of all, to prevent future problems with the size of your dump file being too large to upload even after compression, please configure your system as described below.
    That should provide a much more manageable .dmp size, considerably smaller than that 800 megs you uploaded.
    So I think we'll go with memory corruption. It suggests a driver but I'm not seeing one that jumps out at me.
    Even your nVidia driver nvlddmkm.sys Sun Jul 10 17:20:31 2016 would seem to be pretty current.
    However there are a couple associated with Silicon Labs
    SiUSBXp.sys
    and
    SiLib.sys
    Which date back to 2010 which may need to be addressed and another couple for your Razer input device, Make sure you have the latest from them.

Other than that the stack is suggesting Page Faults.
    Could be a driver, but.....
    IF you are using an SSD..... make sure you are also using the latest firmware from the manufacturer.
    Check with ASUS and make sure you have the latest chipset and drive controller drivers installed.
    Consider upgrading your BIOS
    Looks like 1902 has some additional system stability fixes over your current 1801 installed version.
    AND
    Your memory...

Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.

Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.

See this Guide to using Memtest 86+

Trouble, Aug 17, 2016
    Regedit32 likes this.
  5. ABJohnson395

ABJohnson395

Thank you for your help. I will try the memtest tomorrow. If nothing comes up, I will try the bios update. I checked and my razer equipment, graphics card, and SSD drivers are all up to date. I cannot find how to update the SiUSBXp.sys and SiLib.sys drivers though. Any ideas?

ABJohnson395, Aug 18, 2016
  6. ABJohnson395

Regedit32 Moderator

Both those drivers are related to your USB and come from Silicon Labs.

http://www.silabs.com/Support Documents/TechnicalDocs/AN335.pdf

This is a document about these drivers. I have not read the entire document, but I assume you could use the site to obtain the driver package you need, or possibly the Manufacturer of motherboard has drivers for the chips on the board that allow your USB ports to connect.

Regedit32, Aug 18, 2016
    1. Advertisements