Irritating Firefox problem

Reaction score
Recently been having an irritating problem with Firefox. Seems to have happened since recent updates so I assume it's something to do with that. It seems whatever currency is displayed, whether in an article or bank statements,etc it's automatically changed to the currency of wherever you are at that moment.

For example if I access UK bank account, all the figures are shown in Euros instead of Pounds, because I am in Germany at the moment.

Looking at the figures there are 2 vertical bars either side of the figures, which I assume is some kind of automatic conversion box .(see attachment)

This is of course extremely irritating, been trying to find a way around this, but can't find anything in the settings for Windows or Firefox, anyone got any ideas?

clip1.jpg

Reaction score
Don't know if it is a solution but for travel I'd start by turning off the Location feature in Windows so it doesn't know where it's at. I wouldn't think languages that are installed would have an effect but?

Reaction score
OK thanks tried that, but unfortunately did not work:(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, the mystery has been solved.The prob was not Firefox directly but it was a Firefox add-on. I installed a currency converter app recently which is shown and used from task bar,but was not aware it also actually kind of infiltrated webpages and changed the currency on there automatically- Now have adjusted some settings in app and everything is solved. Another lesson learned beware of apps which could change things.

Ask a Question