Is it possible to install Microsoft Mathematics 4 in Win 10?

Reaction score
Have been trying to find a link to this software but no luck there. If someone around can give me a solution to this if it exists it would be great!

Would like to see if it's as good as I've read! Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Thanks for replying, Trouble!

Also, thanks for the link but, how is that of installing in 'compatibility mode'? Compatibility with what, Win 7, 8 or 8.1 maybe? How can I start an installation of a program in compatibility mode?

Sorry that I may appear so ignorant of an apparently common thing!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Since the link reflects "Windows 7" my suggestion would be to use that one.
In the case of installation, you would right click the installer and choose properties and use the compatibility tab to make your choice.
Likewise the executable that would run the program after it was installed.
None of which might be necessary, just something to keep in mind if you run into issues.

Reaction score
I just installed it from the link. No need for compatibility mode, it just installs and runs. It does install some DirectX parts or it says it checks for and does that.
I did not attempt to do anything with it.

Reaction score
To Tim Locke: Could you try to use the program for basic function's resolution and to create some 2D & 3D graphics? Then post the result here for us to check the outcome.

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Reaction score
NO. I installed it and it does not BSOD, error or destroy my PC. But I have neither the time nor the inclination to learn about the program and see how well it works. Why don't you install it, it is free, it takes just a couple of minutes then you can try it yourself.

FWIW I downloaded the 64 bit image as my machine is a 64 bit W10 setup.

Reaction score
Thank you both for your help but this software sucks... It even can't be deleted nor uninstalled at this laptop. More than an hour was spent trying it even with control panel but to no avail.

It seems to be directed toward tablets with touch screens (or phones).

I'll leave it there and forget about it until I've the time & patience to deal with it...

Reaction score
Seeing your post I just went to control panel and uninstalled it. It gave the usual W10 "do you allow this to make changes to your computer" and uninstalled the program.

Reaction score
Since this laptop's original owner had his own admin acct and he made another admin acct for me maybe I moved the original download to a non recoverable place so had to re-download. When installing (normally) tried to put it in another place and it worked but there's a dispersion of files all around and can't uninstall nor delete the exe file made at installation time because don't have enough authority according to the installer.

Nontheless, at a properties window from Control Panel the file in question says that all permits are checked marked??? This is a quirky behavior of the OS surely, as long as it doesn't give me any trouble except this one it can stay there for a while...

Reaction score
Assuming that this laptop is running Windows 10 and is activated I think if I owned it I would download a new copy of W10 and do a total re install to end up with just you as the main user in the administrators group and start again. Yes you would have to reinstall any apps and data but imho that is a small price to pay to have a clean W10 system with no cruft left over from some other user.

Reaction score
I already had to do just that a few months ago due to a failed update thing...; don't think much before Christmass time I'm going to be able to collect enough courage to start such a mission...

Thanks anyway!

Ask a Question