SOLVED Is KB3176936 new?

Reaction score
I just noticed this update installing on my new machine.. The number seems a little strange for a sequence.

Reaction score
I googled the number and it looks like it appeared last summer. Is your new machine running an old version of Windows 10?

Reaction score
Just the servicing stack update for the 1607 but from August 23rd, 2016??
Either someone has not updated for a while or this update "slipped through the cracks".
It is not one of the Cumulative Updates....

Reaction score
The system came with 14393.257 or some such. It upgraded to .693 with just a few updates.

Since the update appears to be a Servicing Stack, I am guessing it had checked and decided it needed to go back and get this one.

This 13 inch 2in1 got very warm during the system check part of the update. I can't imagine what it would do to this system if that check were to go on for several hours as has seemed to have happened with a couple of other systems. The processor was running at full speed and 50% utilization...I will have to be careful and not have it in some type of sleeve during such updates....

Thanks for the responses guys..

Reaction score
Oh, one more thing. I noticed this Dell system arrived with the OS partition Bitlocker encrypted. Luckily, after Windows activated and I logged on with a Microsoft account, I was able to turn Bitlocker off which decrypted the partition. Maybe a increased type of security for new systems.