SOLVED Is Microsoft being attacked?

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea as to what might be going on in the attachment. It appears the same poster is posting multiple times with what appears to me to be symbols. Could this be some type of attack?

The same thing happened a couple of days ago and the site was shutdown for maintenance and the posts were removed. If this is an attack it appears Microsoft can't stop it..

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10?tab=Threads

Attack.JPG

Regedit32

Reaction score
No idea. It seems more like spam to me and its not only occurring on Microsoft sites. Also on Dell forums and other popular forums.

Parts of the headers look Korean, and other parts look a little like wingdings; perhaps because of how the websites interpret ascii and unicode?!

Most of them point to a gambling site - hence my thought its just some stupid spam.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, looks like spam to me too :(. We've had similar phrased spam on here.

Reaction score
It certainly be the spam as you both suggest. I suppose spammers would have no problem creating and using a Microsoft account for such a purpose.

They did just change and starting allowing folks with Office 365 accounts to sign in. Maybe that opened the door for the spammers.

Anyway, this morning all those posts are gone. Maybe the incident will motivate Microsoft to track down who was doing the spamming. ;)

Ask a Question