Is my laptop's hardware adequate?

Ash

Reaction score
Hi
Is my laptop's configuration adequate for windows 10, I really don't want it to go slow because I think at the moment I am working on the edge of its hardware capacity on windows 8.1. Please see attached configuration.

Many thanks
Ash

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 577

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh yes, that's plenty of power for Windows 10!

You are way beyond the minimum specs:

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster.
  • RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
  • Free hard disk space: 16 GB.
  • Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.

Windows 8.1 should be very zippy on that machine too, so if it's slow then there may be a problem elsewhere. Perhaps do a clean install if you have all your data/apps backed up, as that will resolve any software issues slowing things down.

Ash

Reaction score
Is the install of windows 10 reversible to 8.1 if I don't like it? I don't have windows 8.1 installer CD.

Reaction score
Should be fine but a creaky old slow HDD that has not been defragged will make it seem slower than it is... but a laptop with an I3 must be fairly new.

Reaction score
I don't have windows 8.1 installer CD.

That is the first thing you must do before you jump in to Windows 10.
Create a Win 8.1 installation media, either DVD or UB
excerpt :
If you need to install or reinstall Windows 8.1, you can use the tool on this page to create your own installation media using either a USB flash drive or a DVD.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Is the install of windows 10 reversible to 8.1 if I don't like it?

Yes and no.
Counting on the day you install Windows 10 from Win 8.1, you have 30 days to change your mind.
Within that 30 days, you have the option to go back to Windows 8.1
Please post back after you have Win 10 install. We'll show you the way to "Go back to Windows 8.1".

Reaction score
Hi
Is my laptop's configuration adequate for windows 10, I really don't want it to go slow because I think at the moment I am working on the edge of its hardware capacity on windows 8.1. Please see attached configuration.

Many thanks
Ash
Dude, I ran it easily on my tablet. It has an Intel Atom CPU @1.6ghz, 2gb ram, 64gb ssd. If it wasn't for the garbage touchscreen driver it kept forcing (there's no support for my tablet to download the proper driver), I'd still be running it. It ran smooth.

Ask a Question