Is Windows 10 Task Manager Accurate or bugged?

Reaction score
When I play a demanding game or run a demanding task my CPU Usage is around 90% on Task Manager, but MSI Afterburner or AIDA64 reports 75%-80%. I don't know which one is true. This has been the case ever since my upgrade to Windows 10 since last year. This has never happened on Windows 7.

Windows 7 Task Manager, MSI Afterburner and AIDA64 all report the same CPU Usage.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow....first you say it's different with all 3 in your first paragraph. Then turn right around and say in the very next sentence that all 3 report the same.

So I'm confused........

Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow....first you say it's different with all 3 in your first paragraph. Then turn right around and say in the very next sentence that all 3 report the same.

So I'm confused........
Perhaps visuals help? I don't see how to make it anymore simpler, unless you can try it out for yourself.

Again I note: This has never happened with Windows 7. MSI Afterburner, AIDA64 and Windows 7's Task Manager are always correlated with that OS.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 675

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
What I don't understand; is in the windows performance tab, your cpu speed (ghz) is off the chart. It's stock speed is 3.5ghz and max boost is 3.9ghz. So there is definitely something wrong there.

Are you OC'ing that CPU. There is no way that CPU is running at 7.5ghz with out the use of liquid nitrogen as a coolant.

Ask a Question