ISO file updates?

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I created a Windows 10 recovery DVD, using the media creation tool. Since then, Microsoft has installed several Windows 10 updates. Is the ISO file updated with the most recent updates? If it's updated, how often is it updated? Is it wise every so often to create a fresh recovery DVD?

I ask because I needed to do a fresh install of Windows 7 some time ago. That ISO file was older, and it took quite a while to install many, many upgrades. They installed fine, but it took a while. I'm wondering if the latest Windows 10 64-bit ISO file includes the latest updates.

Thanks.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
They don't update them very often.
Generally, sometime after a milestone in development. Which I expect might be sometime in October or November whenever they choose to rollout TH2 to the public.
On the upside, a fresh install or even an upgrade install does a fairly decent job of incorporating at least some of the most recent updates as the box is checked by default to obtain updates as part of the process, so afterwards catching up on any pending updates is not quite as bad as in previous versions, like the 208 or so updates after a clean install of Windows 7 SP1.

Ask a Question