SOLVED Iso install fail

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have downloaded the 10 64bit iso file and created a dvd install disk from that. All good. Upgraded on desktop that downloaded and created the DVD. Now this desktop's windows 8 pro version was one without windows media player. Windows media player was downloaded and installed seperately. Used that DVD disk to upgrade my laptop windows 8 pro. However I got 2 failed install attempts. The difference though is the laptop version of windows 8 DOES have windows media centre included and at the beginning of the install, the warning came up about loosing he media player, not so with the desktop version (by the by, windows media player haopily working on windows 10 on the desktop.) The laptop has been reserved and is 100% compliant for windows 10.

Now is it the issue that the DVD version was downloaded with a version of windows 8 pro only and it is having an issue with trying to upgrade a windows 8 plus media centre version? Will I have to download another iso file with the laptop, to cover that version of windows 8 with media player???

Reaction score
Keep us posted.
Ok. downloaded the iso file on laptop with 8.1 media centre. One second level boot failure. Researched and disconnected a usb 2 extension adaptor. Ran iso install again, no problems upgraded. Reconnected the usb extension adaptor nil issues.

Now whether it was the download from windows 8 media centre laptop for the iso or removing usb adapter during upgrade, not sure, but working now. :)

Ask a Question