.iso is in a foreign language

Reaction score
During the Win10 upgrade period, I did the upgrade from Win7 to Win10; I think it was late 2015. I have an iso file on my HD and a DVD that I created at some point. I recently wanted to verify that the DVD was good so I booted it up, only to find it was in some foreign language. Not really sure of the order in which I did things at the time of the upgrade, I burned the ISO to a new DVD and it also is in this other language. I assume I screwed something up, but I'm not at all sure how I ended up with W10 in English!

Anyway, the basic question is, how do i get an installable ISO from the OS on my pc, in case I need it in the future?

Reaction score
there are several options available. Am I correct in my assumption that you have currently the creators update on your computer??
On this site here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
you will find the tool for the creation of the installation medium which can be a DVD or (my preferred medium) the flash drive.
Just download the tool and run it. follow the instructions.

2017-06-12_172533.jpg

if you have any problem, we are here to help........

Reaction score
I don't really know if I have the creators update. The most recent update was on April 12; it's downloading a few now but other than security updates, there's just one "cumulative" update.

Reaction score
Just found out I'm NOT running the creators update; got a message telling me I'll be notified when it's ready.

Reaction score
Please open settings (the cogwheel) then click on SYSTEM. Go to the bottom where it says [ABOUT] and click on that. It should show something like this:

2017-06-12_210939.jpg

Please let us know what it says.
From what you are saying I have to think you may be running Version 1607 OS Build 14393.1230 .
That Media creation tool is officially "retired" yet there may be sites that still provide this. I still have it but I can't upload it here (File is too big, even zipped)

I still would create a newer version ISO nevertheless. That way you could do a fresh install with the newer version

Last edited:
Reaction score
It says version 1511, build 10586.916
So the tool will create an installation medium for whatever version I'm running?

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Just to point out that the link that @Grizzly posted above is for the English (US) variant, if you scroll all the way down to the bottom left of the page, you will find the language button so you can change the download to your language!, do that before you click on any download now buttons at the top!. :)

See also:

https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...ws-10-to-the-latest-version.13015/#post-64095 ;)
I'll keep an eye on that, but what I don't understand is how the ISO and the DVD are in some foreign language, but my Win10 is in English.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Ask a Question