Issues with recent Win 10 Pro upgrade

Reaction score
Win 10 Pro 64bit free upgrade.

On New years eve, after many, many months of resisting, I finally upgraded My home build PC Win 7 Ultimate OS with the free Win 10 OS ISO. After two failed long attempts of trying to keep all my files and apps from the old OS I bit the bullet and did a fresh install, wiped everything, just a clean install of Win 10 Pro.

I had before upgrade backed up everything to a secondary HD, apart from one important folder, can't believe I forgot, I'm kicking myself. I guess it's what happens when with a number of JDs downed and New Year Eve merriment in full swing, something is going to go amiss.

The folder in question is the My Favourites in IE11, forgot to export and back it up.

IE11 My Favourites contained 450-500 web sites I had separated in to named folders over many years. For example, Electrical Wholesalers in one, Stamps in another, Catering in yet another and so on.

I found the Win.Old folder in (C), found the My Favourites folder, copied and pasted it to the new Win 10 desktop, fortunately it was intact, everything, all the websites and named folders was there.

I am now using MS Edge and getting to grips with it, unfortunately try as I might I can find no way of exporting from the saved Win-Old My Favourites folder/contents to Edge Favourites in one go.

I can open each web site individually in the saved folder and add to Favourites in Edge but it is going to take forever and a day.

Is there a way I can achieve this, import all the websites and folders in the saved win.old my favourites folder now residing on my desktop to Edge favourites?

Reaction score
use the import option in the windows 10 and it will save them as you like text or all folder

Ask a Question