It is update day again and ALL Windows get their share

Bif

Reaction score
Ahhh, the gift that keeps on giving!
That snuck up on me, installed and uneventful..so far;)

Last edited:

Regedit32

Reaction score
While not explicitly stated in the information about the update, I can see the Mail app built into Windows 10 is now functioning again; allow me to set up accounts etcetera.

That may be due to the issue they addressed with the Windows Firewall timeouts processing data.

Reaction score
I am still trying to decide if I have a problem with my system. Concerning the red lettering message and the fact I got three updates today, something does not look correct.

Update.JPG
Update2.JPG

Reaction score
I got the same message before I updated. I think it is a little nudge for the user to keep the system on the right track. Some user may go in panic mode when reading that......

Reaction score
I have 5 Win 10 Systems. Three are new Dells with McAfee installed and only those three got that message. The two without McAfee were normal...

Reaction score
That's new! I would have guessed it would be the other way around
The update went OK for me - so far.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I'm wondering whether there is some kind of syncing issue with Microsoft's cloud.

I've not seen your error Saltgrass, but I have had similar issues with Backups and old file paths ghosting and preventing proper backups, all apparently becuase old data is in the cloud and getting remembered.

Perhaps something like this has happened in your case too. A real alert, but 24 hours too late per se.

Reaction score
My desktop did not get that message but I had run Windows Update earlier in the day and found nothing. I turned on my laptop and saw that message. Just turned on my wife's PC and no message. Who knows?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Saw the same message on my manual Windows Update.
I noted that it stated also that "yesterday" was when it had last checed for updates.
Just attributed it to a reworking of the Update process and guessed that it realized that it had been a while since the Update had run and that there were pending updates.
Never gave it another thought afterwards.
I don't believe that it is an "error".
Maybe a new "feature" :)

Reaction score
Never got any kind of message either. Other than when I turned on my PC " Don't turn off PC downloading updates.
upload_2017-6-14_17-50-25.png

Bif

Reaction score
Hmm,I'm feeling a little left out as I'm also message-less...

Reaction score
Biff Just have another pint of Guiness pulled, be don't be so impetuous.

Reaction score
I updated my two PC's at home and everything seems to have gone smoothly?, I still am a little wary about using Edge browser on my AMD rig as it caused it to crash a short while ago!. :)

Reaction score
Worthwhile diving into a little deeper, Wolfie. No a necessary item, but irritating.
I have Chrome:IE and Edge all on my taskbar and use all with ease. Googling doesn't reveal any reason for Edge to crash.

Reaction score
Morning Dave,

I am not really bothered by it as I use FireFox over Edge anyway, when I minimize edge browser and there is online media playing, it basically turns it off, I like having the news running in the background and when I minimize FF; it still plays happily in the taskbar!. :)

Reaction score
which one you tried to install?? only the last one (KB4022725) is for mobile as well...

Did you update automatically ??

Ask a Question