Itune files.

Reaction score
I attempted to install ITunes but the installation gave me an install error. It seems many others have had problems installing as well, strange that ITunes puts out something that will not install? So, I then wanted to UNinstall what got loaded. Since it did not truly INstall, the Control Panel does not recognize it as something to Uninstall. Leaving me with files of Itune data still on the WIn10 PC. I did a search of "Itune" using Ultra File Search and got a list of files. My question is... Is it ok to just delete these files and go with an assumption that ITunes is gone? There may be some residue still there but for all practical purpose it is gone. (I guess?) I also hesitate greatly to dink with the Registry, danger lurks there!

upload_2017-4-6_11-24-41.png

Reaction score
ITunes has a specific way to uninstall itself and it won't reinstall without the procedure being followed. Ask me how I know!

Google Uninstall iTunes. IIRC you will find the exact instructions hidden deep on Apples website. IIRC it will uninstall and reinstall without damaging a ny data you have...but it was a year ago that I had to do this.

Reaction score
I looked at what you suggested but I do not see ITunes at all in the control panel Uninstall. I believer this is due to it never installing properly. I now regard ITunes as junk I want to get of my PC. I have little faith in a program that wont install without going thru hoops. No thanks. So, am just asking,, if I delete the shown files from my original post,, will that suffice in getting it off?

Reaction score
I think you are exactly in the state where the Apple procedure is needed. At some point iTunes did not uninstall correctly and now it won't install.

FWIW Google Earth is the same way.

Ask a Question