iTunes Upgrade

Reaction score
I am recently upgraded to Windows10. I got a message to update to a newer version of iTunes. I got an error message saying Network Resource unavailable, use an alternate path to the folder containing iTunes64.msi and it gave me two alternative paths in the box below the message, neither of which worked. I then tried to uninstall iTunes but when I ran uninstall I got the message "The feature you are trying to use is in a Network Resource that is unavailable." I tried multiple times, looked up solutions in various forums but the problem still remains. Can anyone please help me?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Where is
iTunes64.msi
Actually located on your computer?
Can you browse to it?
Can you see it?
If so, right click the parent container (the directory / folder that it is in) and choose properties.
Select the Security tab from along the top of the properties window and examine, edit and or add as needed so that your specific user account name has full control of that directory, sub-folders and files.
You may also have to add "HomeUsers" group with full control to that container as well, again including all sub-folders and files.

Ask a Question