I've lost my Favourites column.

BML

Reaction score
On Windows 7 I also used to have my Favourites running down the left of the desktop on my Windows 7 and I can't find them on Windows 10.

BML

Reaction score
I'm still looking for an answer for the above but it gets worse.
I've been working on a document for a good few years and I created a list of headings that I could activate by clicking onto "Find" on the top right hand corner of the document.
I just attempted that and all that appears is a box that allows one to find just one word and I can't find my hundreds of headings. Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Do you have a folder named Windows.old, on your computer?
If so, for security, first, right click it and copy it (NOT move) to a safe place - another partition or an external device.
You can then browse through the folder and see if your private documents are in there.

I don't understand your posted method of using "find". If you look to the left of the taskbar, there is a icon for the search facility. Try typing the name of one of your documents in there and see if you get a result.

BML

Reaction score
I'm not certain about a folder named Windows Old, if I have I will have to ask my technical adviser about it. I wonder if he changed the Word package I use. As for the search facility I will have a look for it. Many thanks.

BML

Reaction score
I found the "Search facility" to the right of the task bar and it does indeed find documents but it does not do what I assume was my previous Word application did. I did not describe it well so here goes.
On my old Word document when I clicked onto the "Find" on the top right hand corner of the old Word document three columns opened up on the left hand side of the document. I can't remember precisely what each column did but whatever it was it doesn't do it now. A box merely appears with various bits of text.
On my old Word document I created the column of paragraph headings by typing a heading on the top of the paragraph it was going to name or head. I then highlighting it I then opened "change styles" and clicked the appropriate heading. That heading then appeared in a column on the left hand side of the page. The current word application will not do that unless of course I can blame Windows 10.

Ask a Question