JAVA

Reaction score
Not to those of us who like to play games on Pogo and other game sites which use Java in some of their games. Neither of you have addressed the question as to why one cannot access Java if they accept the risks and want to--you both have only expressed your personal opinions about it. It is not up to Windows 10 or any other operating program to autocratically make these decisions for us. I hate Windows 10. Discounting Java, I have had nothing but problems since I upgraded which is, in my humble opinion, really a downgrade from Windows 7.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not to those of us who like to play games on Pogo and other game sites which use Java in some of their games. Neither of you have addressed the question as to why one cannot access Java if they accept the risks and want to--you both have only expressed your personal opinions about it. It is not up to Windows 10 or any other operating program to autocratically make these decisions for us. I hate Windows 10. Discounting Java, I have had nothing but problems since I upgraded which is, in my humble opinion, really a downgrade from Windows 7.

Java just isn't suited to running in the browser, there are so many security problems by letting it run by default, so I agree with the others here and would never suggest that anyone installs it unless they need it. I've got some apps that require it, so I use it but disable Java from within browsers. I've got one PC that needs to access it in-browser, so I add the site to the whitelist and use higher than default security settings.

That said, there's nothing stopping anyone from running Java in Windows 10 if they want to.

Reaction score
There's only a couple games left on pogo that actually use java. All major browsers are ditching java. Java is worse than surfing questionable sites with no anti virus. And you're not only putting your PC at risk, you're putting any personal information on your PC at risk. And, if a script kiddie is able to install a keylogger through a hole in java, all your passwords are at risk. And anything you type including credit card information.

But you're right. If you accept the risks, it's your prerogative. And java actually runs fine in Windows 10. Chrome has discontinued support, and firefox will eventually follow. As for IE, I don't know.

Ask a Question