Join Domain on Windows 10 with an user without password

Reaction score
Hi, I ve on my work set up the Domain and users can enter with an empty password.

Now Ive updated to Windows 10 and Ive checked that I can enter on domain and work perfectly if the user of domain has password. But if its an user with a empty password, I can add it ( with a password user one ), but then I cannot join domain. It says password incorrect .

In the past, I had the same problem, and I had to change the directive policy on Domain, so I set up to No Need password, and after change it on server, the problem was solved.

Is there anything I can do to join domain on Windows 10 with a registered domain´s user , that doesnt have a password ??

Thanks alot for your help

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry to report... I haven't had time to look into this type of question yet.
My suggestion would be to launch
gpedit.msc
And go through it and examine Account Policies -> Password Policy and see
AND
Local Policies -> Security Options
See if there is anything in there that may help.

I've honestly never even attempted to configure an Active Directory Domain to support blank passwords.
You may have your work cut out for you.

Reaction score
I have the same issue on student workstations and the school domain. Works fine with Windows 7, 8.1 etc but Windows 10 is requiring a password.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What is the domain functional level.
My guess it that Windows 10 is just ignoring Group Policy settings from the Domain Computer and it's a bug that needs to be addressed.
Report it in the feedback app and maybe see if the Contact Support app, (chat or call) can help

Ask a Question