Just another Windows 10 problem

Reaction score
When something is downloaded, it doesn't seem to show up in the download file, so where does it go? It's such a pain to not find it.

Plus another pain. When I want to add a word to a sentence I've already finished the cursor I try to use turns blue and will not work normally. It tends to delete and IS DETERMINED TO BE BLUE. How can I make it be normal? Right now, this is more important than the first one noted.

Reaction score
It would be helpful if you would disclose under what circumstances the problems occur. What program are you downloading with? In what program are you adding a word?

Reaction score
I'm writing an email in Outlook.com at present time. It's happened before, but I don't recall when or what I was doing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Still not clear.....
Are these intentional downloads that you are using a browser to go out and get (like Ccleaner from piriform.com or Malwarebytes, etc.,) or are these some type of spontaneous downloads that you are observing?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
And what email program are you using.
IF you are using the build in Windows 10 "Mail" app, then right click the attachments and you should see a context menu that should allow you to "Open" or "Save".
Choose "Save" and browse to a folder on your computer where you would like to "Save" the image file.
Likewise if you are using Outlook.com and viewing the attached image you should be able to just click the image and you should see an option to "Save to OneDrive" or "Download".
Choose "Download" and again save it to a folder on your computer where you want.
This works in both Internet Explorer as well as Edge.
Since we have no idea what browser you are using it would help if you could explain in more details what you are actually experiencing and in which browser you seem to be having the problem.

Reaction score
Since these are not new problems and sound like they are more things where the solution is going to be more rigamaroles, I'm going to just continue dealing with them the way it is. I use Chrome browser because it works better than anything else. It's just run-of-the-mill downloads of zip file that are now "productions," it seems for which I've not needed help with in the past with other 'windows operating systems. only windows 10. :(

Reaction score
Trouble (Solution) I do appreciate you trying to help me, but I've had an accident (I fell and hurt myself and just don't feel like doing anything. I didn't break a bone, but badly sprained a muscle.

Ask a Question