Just Installed KB3035583 update for Windows 7.............

Reaction score
I was told I needed to update my Windows 7 Home Edition SP1 with the install update KB3035583, which I did. After install the white Windows icon appears in my taskbar. Now I have been told 2 different things, (not on this site) so a little confused. 1 person said windows 10 will install itself through the updates . (I did not reserve it) Another person said I can download it and install myself, but best to wait awhile until any glitches were found and fixed. Also should if I install over Windows 7 , will it take up alot room, if I do? One more question, how do I perform a "clean install"? Thanks

Reaction score
if it were me knowing what I know from past experience if your not in a hurry give it a month too settle in a little
I think this has been rushed out but too be honest so far so good on my insider machine I am not updated my win7Pro machine gonna wait a while for updates too be sorted +still awaiting a media centre replacement

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
if I install over Windows 7 , will it take up alot room, if I do?
As an update, you shouldn't notice any significant changes in the amount of space consumed by the upgrade.
The download itself is pretty large but running cleanmgr.exe afterwards will clean that up nicely.
One more question, how do I perform a "clean install"?
After you perform the upgrade..... according to everything I've read and heard you should be able to clean install Windows 10 again and again for the life of the device.
To do so, you'll need the install media which you can get from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
You can use that tool to perform the upgrade in place or you can create media (ISO) which you can then burn to DVD or USB ThumbDrive and upgrade at your convenience and later it'll be handy for that clean install.

Reaction score
I will still give it a month or so before I install on my main Win 7Pro machine
on the plus side it has speeded up my cheap tablet which I didn't expect

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
on the plus side it has speeded up my cheap tablet which I didn't expect
Good to hear. It does seem to do a much better job at resource management than Windows 7, maybe even a little better that Windows 8
I will still give it a month or so before I install on my main Win 7Pro machine
Sounds like a plan to me.
Good luck, I do hope it goes smoothly for you.

Ask a Question