Just reverted back to Windows 7

Reaction score
Hated it. HATED. IT. I had to reset my mouse pointer preference every time I logged in. Every time. My homepage had to be consistently reset. And my new printer, a Brother Laser Jet, would not work with 10.

So happy to have 7 back. So happy.

Reaction score
Hello stitcher73 - I lost my touch screen, I had Windows 8 since I changed to windows 10 I'm unable to use my laptop as a touch screen(not a happy camper)...how did you revert - please explain process so I can revert to windows 8. Thank you

Reaction score
Hated it. HATED. IT. I had to reset my mouse pointer preference every time I logged in. Every time. My homepage had to be consistently reset. And my new printer, a Brother Laser Jet, would not work with 10.

So happy to have 7 back. So happy.
How do you revert back to Windows 7

Reaction score
How do you revert back to Windows 7

To William Hargeaves,

On conditions..................
1. If you have not deleted the Windows.old .
2. If you upgraded to Windows 10 in less than 30 days ago.
If you meet the above requirements, then you can use the instruction given to you.

If you can not meet the above requirements, then you will have to reinstall Windows 7 from the Recovery or Installation media which, I hope, you have created before you did the upgrade Win 10 install.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello stitcher73 - I lost my touch screen, I had Windows 8 since I changed to windows 10 I'm unable to use my laptop as a touch screen(not a happy camper)...how did you revert - please explain process so I can revert to windows 8. Thank you

I used the instructions in this link. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0/c118f7ab-d4a8-40bf-9029-0488e62ab6e5?auth=1

It was super easy and only took 45 minutes. By comparison, it took 28 hours (28 HOURS) for my laptop to download and install windows 10. Should have been my first clue.

Ask a Question