Kangaroo is a portable, phone-sized Windows 10 desktop

Reaction score
As convenient as a PC-on-a-stick may be, it's typically saddled with some major limits: you rarely have more than one port, and you always have to plug into a power source. InFocus (yes, the projector company) thinks it has a better idea, though. Its new Kangaroo PC gives you a battery-powered Windows 10 desktop that's about as small as a smartphone -- you can pull it out of your pocket, connect peripherals and start working for up to four hours. You can even connect to an iPad if you're bent on a completely portable setup. Also, InFocus takes a clever approach to expansion: there's an included dock with HDMI and two USB ports, and there are promises of more add-ons in the future.

The system isn't any more powerful than an entry-level laptop between the Atom x5 processor, 2GB of RAM and 32GB of expandable storage. However, you can also order one today from Newegg for $99. That's cheaper than some of its stick-based rivals, and it's arguably a better value overall if you're looking for a full-fledged computer.

Source : Publish date - October 26th, 2015
http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/26/infocus-kangaroo-pc/

More in details from pcworld.com
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2998...ized-windows-10-desktop-pc-that-costs-99.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
Newegg is currently sold out of the Kangaroo. It is basically a mini pc. It claims to have 64 bit Windows 10. Most of the other mini pc's are 32 bit and must be upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. It has USB 3,0 X 1 and USB 2.0 X 1 whereas many of the others have just one USB 3.0 or 2.0 port. Some of the others have a Lan port, this does not. It has a power adapter like the others. It like some others has a battery. It uses a dock for peripherals while the other mini pc's have ports for at least one USB 3.0 It connects to a TV/monitor with a Micro HDMI cable like the others. It like all the other mini pc's has wifi and bluetooth. It is a mini pc with some caveats. $99 for this is the best price currently for a mini pc. It is little different from a PC-stick besides the battery which I see as a negative as it has been my experience that batteries are doomed to fail and then the ac adapter is always attached. Most have a Micro SDHC card (128 GB) for additional storage. They also run with extremely high CPU core temps when streaming HD video but it does not seem to effect the video. Some of the micro pc's have poor wifi and so must use an Ethernet cable for good video results.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Use it in a hotel room. just plug it in to the TV and use their wifi to connect to the internet. Use it at a friends house the same way.

Reaction score
If one wanted to get one out of curiosity and keep it as back up, I can see that as a reason to have one. If like many of us, we have an old laptop or if others in your home have computers then there would be no point.

Reaction score
An interesting feature of this mini pc is that it can be attached to an ipad and use that screen.
It says it is 64 bit but I doubt it. Actually it says it has a 64 bit cpu. That does not necessarily mean it has Windows 10 64 bit as all the others I have seen have Windows 32 bit only.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I could see something like that might be handy for someone wanting to keep their stuff with them at all times.
Something like a USB docking station at home and at work, might work very well.

Ask a Question