KB 3189866 STOPPED DOWNLOADING!

Reaction score
KB 318966 stopped downloading at 45.... and it said the cause was "your computer was turned off".........no, it wasn't .........I was sitting there watching it! Will I be able to re-download it again ??? This new cumulative update is important.
Thanks

Reaction score
A lot of people have had this issue. I had no problem on one, and it hung at 95% on the other.

Reaction score
One of my systems is also stopping the download at 48%. Since three updates were to be downloaded, it looks like it downloaded two of them and then stopped. It might be since it is a large file it needs to download in the background, which may take a while.

On my other machine, the first I knew of an update was when the Restart message popped up. So the first machine was doing a manual check for updates and the Second one had no user input until the Restart was ready.

I am going to give it time but will watch to see if there is something I need to do.

Edit: Well, that didn't take long since I just got the Restart message on the second machine. I did stop the Windows Update Service just before the message appeared. If you want to try that, open Task Manager and go to services. Look for wuauserv and right click to select stop.

Reaction score
windows has a site up about update kb3189866 and updatekb3176983, first 2 solutions did not wok but third one did witch was to manual install both updates are on the site for x64 so down loaded it and hey presto it worked.gothy.

Ask a Question