KB3066096

Reaction score
Installed on both of my Win10 computers and rebooted. Even after a couple of reboots message indicates that a restart is needed to finish installation. Anyone else having this issue? I don't know if the update is actually installed or is waiting for a restart.

Speaking of issues there seems to be a glitch in the date/time settings. I checked for updates this afternoon and downloaded the KB3066096 update but my update page is showing last check for updates as yesterday at 4:30 instead of today. I've noticed too on this forum that original post or reply will show as yesterday instead of today. My date/time setting on the computer is correct so I've no idea why wrong dates are showing up.

Reaction score
I have no problems with date/time that you mention. I am going to close this post now to make sure.

Reaction score
No. No problems.

The "requires restart" for the mentioned update, is, I understand, a bug. It is being experienced by all. When I look in the old way (Programs and features - installed updates) it shows as installed so I am pushing it aside until the next Build. I have logged it as a bug in the insider program and, hopefully, so will many others.

Reaction score
I didn't know the update was here until I did a restart - then the message popped, installing updates please wait .... 30%.... then it restarted and again the message installing updates30% done - and then at the login screen all was back to normal.

Reaction score
I have 2 more adding to the list of " Requires restart to finish installing".

KB3067515
KB3049563

They are listed as installed under Programs & Features > View Installed Updates......

KB updates on May 27th.jpg

Reaction score
I've got em too david.

Date glitch has popped up again. Three updates installed today 5/27/15 and date last checked for updates is showing as yesterday (5/26). I know I've checked for updates at least a couple of times this afternoon. Computer date/time is still correct.

date.jpg

Reaction score
Here is a copy of the latest reply posted in the other forum regarding the " requires restart " message. The member's name is Slartybart.

AFTER you have restarted you might see an incorrect status in Update history stating that a restart is required. It is safe to ignore the residual message in Update history. This is a static message in the same way failed updates msgs are static even after they are successfully installed - the failed status is still shown in the list.

For the correct status - go to Uninstall Updates to view installed updates.

Reaction score
Since installing build 10130, all previous updates were removed.
So, no more " requires restart " issue.