KB3070365 Today

Reaction score
Showed up in Windows Update just a few minutes ago. Fixes problem when clicking taskbar icon the flyout might not happen. Still seems to be a small glitch in the search icon that I sometimes have to click 2 or 3 times before cortana will pop up. When the cursor is on the icon a description box appears that says "search" and if I click when the box is visible nothing happens. Problem is it is very twitchy and just an imperceptible movement of the cursor will cause the box to open again and again. The only way I can get Cortana to open is to wait till the box goes away because if it is showing nothing will happen and it appears right on the icon instead of above.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When the cursor is on the icon a description box appears
They need to fix that.
It's suppose to be a touch interface, so I don't suppose in that environment, where you were just happily tapping along you would see that description box. I think they need to turn that off for the "on hover" event or whatever you call that when using a mouse.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It's not a problem with the update.
It's the nature of the behavior of some of the Icons on the taskbar, specifically the "Search" icon.

Reaction score
This is what I was referring to notice where the "search" box is vs the "store beta" box. Clicking on the white "search" box does nothing. Given the purpose of the update I just figured this little glitch would have been fixed.

taskbar1.jpg
taskbar.jpg

Reaction score
I did not make myself clear.
I meant to say I have no problem anywhere after the new update was installed.
No problem with search box. No problem anywhere.

Reaction score
This is what I was referring to notice where the "search" box is vs the "store beta" box. Clicking on the white "search" box does nothing. Given the purpose of the update I just figured this little glitch would have been fixed.

View attachment 311 View attachment 310

I have a slightly different search box..............
1. I keep the default search box which is long & rectangular. Hover the cursor over it will NOT produce the "white search".
2. If I select "show search icon " option, I will get this......
search box icon only.jpg

And if I hover my cursor over it, I'll get the "white search" above the icon. Not inside the taskbar.
search box #3.jpg

Reaction score
Mine is the same as yours David. I think the preview is the Pro version. I don't know if there was a Home version of the preview offered. Strange that our search icons are apparently different and show the box in a different way. My icon looks like a magnifying glass and yours looks to be just a circle with no handle on it.

Reaction score
Can you confirm which build number you guys are using?

I have remained on the safe track, and, so, am still using 074.I have no problems with the search icon or clicking the taskbar. Fi, I have not received update KB3070365 either.
As far as I am aware, there is only one build version going out to the public. That is the PRo version??

P.S. Later. OK, I have just read in another thread that you are in the fast ring. Ver 130

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm up to build 10130. I've installed all of the builds as they have been released. I've had more problems with this one than any of the others. I'm still not totally sure how the RTM update is going to work for those of us who have been testing and using Windows 10. My 8.1 disks are both Windows Home versions and of course the Windows 10 is the Pro version. MS says they will upgrade home for home and pro for pro. Over the past 9 months of using Windows 10 I have installed programs and accumulated a lot of personal stuff on the computer and it would be cool of Microsoft to let those of us who did their beta testing and provided feedback to upgrade to the Pro version from within the preview install. I can back up all of my personal stuff to another drive and reinsert my Windows 8.1 drive to do the upgrade but it will just be kind of a hassle getting 8.1 back to where I am with 10. Tomorrow after UPS and FEDEX have come and gone I'll be setting up a new video card and monitor. After I'm done I'll have to reinsert my 8.1 drive and get it updated on the assumption I'll need it on the 29th to upgrade.

Reaction score
Mine is the same as yours David. I think the preview is the Pro version. .

If yours is the same as mine, why did you say " I think ...."

Go to your Insider Hub > right side, under Profile, it tells you which build and version you have.

Reaction score
Or just right click the start icon and , in "Run" type winver.

Isn't that for the upgrade when it is released? You may well be right, but I have never encountered anything but the hybrid release (Pro.).

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Only Pro.... and I guess Enterprise possibly (not absolutely certain), in Preview.

Reaction score
Windows 10 Specifications
excerpt :

Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 enterprise offerings outside of this offer.

Ask a Question