SOLVED KB3118754 Released Today

Reaction score
This Cumulative update will change your Build number

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
The install deleted my scanner program/app for my Epson Stylus CX8400 and I could not reinstall the program/app. I had to uninstall the KB3118754 update. Then I could reinstall the scanner program/app and now I can scan documents from my CX8400

Reaction score
I use Avast AIS and I cannot install any updates unless I enable Windows Firewall. To me this is kind of MS trying to build a monopoly, --either use our stuff or you have to jump through hooops to get what may be critical updates. We do not know as MS will not tell us what they are updating.

Reaction score
So does this mean everyone is now on a fast ring for build updates, whether they want to be on the Insider Program or not?

Reaction score
Good question, Cliff. I have been pondering that for a while. The distinction is not easy to detect these days.

Even Build ISo's can be officially downloaded almost as soon as seen in Build updates.

Reaction score
So does this mean everyone is now on a fast ring for build updates, whether they want to be on the Insider Program or not?
Everyone may be in the fast ring for updates but not for new builds. One can no longer join the program. I am still a member but I opted out. I can opt back into it at will.

Reaction score
It seems that everyone is assuming that there is a difference between the updates released on Nov 10 and this one released on Nov 18th. Has anyone confirmed that? [I have the Nov 10th ISO's and am wondering if using this new one is going forward or backward?] Or is an unnecessary risk and I should just stick with 10240?

Reaction score
I think worrying about the ISO date is unnecessary. Move forward with Windows Update regardless of which 10586 ISO was used. I updated from the first release and haven't looked back. My Windows version is now 10586.14.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Better late than never. It has been out for 2 weeks.
Interesting.... I see it has a release date of November 24th, but.....
I only received it very recently on both my computers. No idea what the hold up was.

Reaction score
I noticed that the OP got it Nov 18th. Sorry, that was 10586.11. Still it has been 9 days since Nov 24th.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I don't update my machine every day. And I am annoyed that my machine was scheduled to update automatically tonight. At least by finding the scheduled reboot, I was able to reboot on my own terms. If MS ever crashes my system with an automatic update that reboots outside of my control, my hatred for their software will never get any higher.

Ask a Question