(KB3173428)

Reaction score
After install windows 10 cumulative update 1511, my skype doesn't work, I had uninstalled all other updates but KB31734288 which couldn't uninstalled(no uninstall options when clicked)? OR is there a way to get my skype back to work?
Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    48.4 KB · Views: 512

Regedit32

Reaction score
The particular update you are referring to dealt with Servicing Stacks and some network DLLs were changed.

That may be what is upsetting your Skype, but that is difficult to say with certitude.

I'm not sure why you removed other updates - but its unlikely you can remove the cumulative update unless you do a System Restore and roll back your System to a date prior to the update. That will not help ultimately given this critical update will simply download and install again sooner rather than later.

The simplest thing probably is to reinstall Skype using their msi file:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_7.25.0.106.msi

With a reinstallation as it sets up and connects you may find any current issues are resolved during the installation process.

Reaction score
I don't really run Skype but I do get confused as to exactly what version has to run. Since it is now built into Win 10 is it possible an earlier, non-Microsoft version won't work? I do see a "Get Skype" app but I have not selected it.

Reaction score
The particular update you are referring to dealt with Servicing Stacks and some network DLLs were changed.

That may be what is upsetting your Skype, but that is difficult to say with certitude.

I'm not sure why you removed other updates - but its unlikely you can remove the cumulative update unless you do a System Restore and roll back your System to a date prior to the update. That will not help ultimately given this critical update will simply download and install again sooner rather than later.

The simplest thing probably is to reinstall Skype using their msi file:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_7.25.0.106.msi

With a reinstallation as it sets up and connects you may find any current issues are resolved during the installation process.

I did a recovery to earlier build and it's fine now, I don't know what happened to Microsoft when they update their system, they simply ignore the compatibility of other applications, hope they will learn from mistakes they made!
Actually there's no restore point, since this new build doesn't set a restore point at all when they updated windows10.
Thank you very much, I will keep an eye on the new update later, to see if it fixed the problem!

Ask a Question