KB3216755

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Did everyone or for that matter..... anyone, get this Cumulative Update
With update Tuesday arriving tomorrow, I was looking at one of my insider machine (Release Preview Ring) and found that it was installed and after some research I found this
Microsoft has just released Windows 10 cumulative update KB3216755 to users running the Anniversary Update, only two days after the company
published it for the Release Preview ring in the Insider program.
SOURCE: http://news.softpedia.com/news/micr...s-10-cumulative-update-kb3216755-512312.shtml

When checking my normal Anniversary Update 14393.693 it doesn't seem to be available (yet).
Just wondering as it is said to boost the build number to 14393.726 which it did on my Release Preview Machine.

I did notice that using Internet Explorer it can be acquired here
http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB3216755

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks Tim.
I was completely ignorant of the update until I was messing about with my one insider machine that I left on the Release Preview. I don't often even fire it up.

I think I'll hold off installing it on my production machine and see what tomorrow brings.

Reaction score
I was surprised as well about this one but it installed without a hassle. According to the history it was released on January 26th...
Seems as there may be a memory leak in one of the dll's (System.data.dll) that will be fixed with the next CU KB3217574 which will be released on Valentines Day....

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think I'll hold off installing it on my production machine and see what tomorrow brings.
So far it's been a disappointing "Update Tuesday".
Was expecting the above update at least for my production machine.
Just when you think, you've got things figured out.

Reaction score
How true. I created a restore point, disk cleanup and ran CCleaner in anticipation of "Update Tuesday" There's no doubt, It will come like a thief in the night.

Reaction score
Yep! Now I know It will come like a thief in the night.;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not even for Windows 7 or 8 are Updates available. This has to be something really major that they cancel Update day for all systems. Nice downplay from MS though....

Reaction score
Have we already forgotten the time an update was released to insiders a couple of days early and the public release happened that following Friday??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have we already forgotten the time an update was released to insiders a couple of days early and the public release happened that following Friday??
Unless it was more recently than yesterday, then the answer to that is yes.
At my age, I have to think for a while to remember breakfast.

Reaction score
Gideon FYI My Defender updated OK. Definitions created at 5:32 pm, updated at 9:40 pm.

Reaction score
Well, it seems to be very hard for a surgeon to operate on a patient that is scarred inside and out...
Guess,now we have to be patient until they find a way in...... ;);) :D o_O

Reaction score
Wots Breakfast?
On Trouble's first post. Installed OK here No probs that I have yet experienced. And yes now:

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I can't even update Defender..
I suspect you may have been hacked?

Open the Control Panel and click the Defender. It might come up with a message that it has been disabled in group policy.

If so, open group edit and then Local Computer Policy - Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows components - Windows defender.
Double click the item "Turn off Windows Defender"
Enable it, and then disable it.

Leave the group policies and open the Control Panel again. Now, when you click the Defender, it should open but you then have to turn it on and then update it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Interesting, but I'm left to wonder.....
From Grizzly's link above
This month, we discovered a last minute issue that could impact some customers and was not resolved in time for our planned updates today.
Which I can only presume would have been the subject of this thread (or something even more recent)......
WHAT, the heck was the "last minute issue" that stopped them from releasing it.
IT would be nice to have a few more details for those who might have downloaded it from the Microsoft Update Catalog and installed it, or in my case, installed it on their Release Preview Ring machine.

Reaction score
I think it was a misunderstanding, from an article reposted on another forum. Only my guess.
I cannot find it , for the moment, but, what I do remember reading on the update subject, was that MS were experimenting with a more friendly method of providing updates - that is, through a "manual method of downloading from their site(s)
I never did get this update, but was informed through other sources that it ws available in the catalogue, from whence I installed it.

I have had it running on several machines now, for quite a while, and , as I said earlier, have not noticed any problems.

fwiw. I haven't yet received the aforementioned '574, mentioned in the earlier post. Most of the machines I use are very similar in architecture, so maybe the problem, and subsequent "fix", were only relevant to certain hardware.

Later:
tracked down something. It looks like '574, was a fix mainly for for Windows Servers. But you can try and work it out from this jumble:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...deduplication-users-please-install-kb3216755/.

Last edited: