KB4015438 is out to raise build # to 14393.969

Reaction score
March 20, 2017—KB4015438 (OS Build 14393.969)
Improvements and fixes

This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addressed a known issue with KB4013429 that caused Windows DVD Player (and 3rd party apps that use Microsoft MPEG-2 handling libraries) to crash.
  • Addressed a known issue with KB4013429, that some customers using Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 1607 Client with Switch Embedded Teaming (SET) enabled might experience a deadlock or when changing the physical adapter’s link speed property. This issue is most commonly seen as a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION or when verifier is enabled a VRF_STACKPTR_ERROR is seen in the Memory dump.

If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015438/windows-10-update-kb4015438

Reaction score
Just downloaded it. I got a little worried as preparing (Getting Windows Ready) Windows after the update seemed to take forever.

"Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update".

Reaction score
Just downloaded it. I got a little worried as preparing (Getting Windows Ready) Windows after the update seemed to take forever.

"Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update".
My PC has failed 17 times trying to complete this update, and just keeps trying, eating up half the CPU for an hour.
Any advice ?

Reaction score
upload_2017-3-27_23-26-53.png

Bif

Reaction score
Downloading as I type, biting my nails as usual with MS's generosity.
Hope it'll go smoothly-ish...

Bif

Reaction score
Well that was fairly benign, actually went rather quickly and no file association fiascos like the prior cumulatives...
Said he, as he wiped the sweat from his brow in relief...

Reaction score
but these updates do not update the drivers?
sogaard ... not sure what was in the cumulative update, but if you go into your pc's settings > update & security > updates history - you can see that while updates occur frequently, the cumulatives appear monthly.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
What fixed it was skipping that KB release and getting the newest (newer) KB release manually from:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Support.aspx It took several hours to download and finish updating even though I have a 100mb fios connection. However, this resolved the problem

This is for posterity sake, mostly ;)

The actual problem was KB4013429 some machines I maintain had that very issue, if you uninstalled that KB like I did, you would see that KB4015438 would have installed smoothly.

Ask a Question