KB4038788

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
Currently downloading, I just love a gamble!...
Everything on red seven!
;)

Reaction score
Downloading here now ( I was watching the iPhone stuff from Apple.)

Downloading very slowly.

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed. Now my Gmail and Outlook mail accounts won't work in Windows Live Mail.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Outlook (*********) account. Header download for the 'Archive' folder did not complete.

Server Response: Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for example, indicate a lack of memory on your system.
Server: 'imap-mail.outlook.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: IMAP
Port: 993
Secure(SSL): Yes

Last edited:

Bif

Reaction score
Interesting note, the cumulative didn't wipe my update history like with the many others..but it did wipe all but the last two system restore points, the two remaining being manually created.o_O
I love a good mystery..

Reaction score
Downloaded and installed. Now my Gmail and Outlook mail accounts won't work in Windows Live Mail.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Outlook (*********) account. Header download for the 'Archive' folder did not complete.

TRy changing the server to 587 and see if it is more successful.

fwiw. I have just read that there are connection problems generally on the web, currently. It could be associated with your problem?

Read:
https://thenextweb.com/google/2017/09/12/google-down-gmail-youtube-maps/#.tnw_k2elLjPc

Mee

Reaction score
Day date display missing after 2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4038788 anyone come across this yet.

Reaction score
Have a quick look in Settings - Personalisation -
Scroll down a little and, on the left, is an item "Turn system icons on or off"
Select that and make sure the "Clock" is on

P.S. Welcome to the forum, Mee!!

Mee

Reaction score
Day date display missing after 2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems KB4038788 anyone come across this yet.
The time is still there, but the Full day date display missing only, this has happened to all 3 computers in the house that updated to the above today. I have been through everything I can think of to turn it back on

Reaction score
OK. Right click the date/Time in the taskbar and select "Adjust Date/Time"
Scroll down to "Formats"
and then "Change date and time formats"

Pick your desired one.

Reaction score
Since this update my Edge browser isn't working. It will open but that's all. It won't go to home page and won't open links. It tries but remains blank. Any help? Thanks

Reaction score
Since this update my Edge browser isn't working. It will open but that's all. It won't go to home page and won't open links. It tries but remains blank. Any help? Thanks
I had the same problem but re-starting Edge eventually solved it. It has also changed my IE Toolbar positions so they are in a different order. I wonder what else has changed?

Reaction score
This update downloaded and was installed in my organization. After the reboot several applications would no longer work. Excel 2016, Powerpoint 2016, Firefox (Any Version), Adobe Acrobat and the reader. The only way we were able to resolve the issue was to uninstall the update and postpone updates until a later time. We also discovered that if you start windows in safe mode the applications would start without issue. We also tested on a plain jane installation of windows 10 v1703 with just those apps installed and results were the same indicating it was not a third party piece of software that was causing the problem.

Reaction score
Hi,
Its waiting till tomorrow.

You were right !
This morning no USB devices were detected, same story for my external hard disk and the micro-card SD ! o_O

I had to reboot twice before they were finally detected ! :p

Now everything seems to be running fine !?!?? :)

Regards ;) JAY B.

Reaction score
Hi,
You were right !
This morning no USB devices were detected, same story for my external hard disk and the micro-card SD ! o_O
I had to reboot twice before they were finally detected ! :p
Now everything seems to be running fine !?!?? :)
Regards ;) JAY B.
Glad you got it sorted.
I just dont understand why they cant get updates sorted before releasing them.
And why we get patches to fix patches.

Glad i only have one PC running W 10 out of my five.
On the bright side its a good thing M S dont make cars if the did all the wheels would have fell off before getting it out of the driveway. :(

Reaction score
I, too, cannot get this installed. This happened on a previous major update, so I reinstalled windows and it worked. Now my machine has little installed and this one won't install. My other two W10 machines install without issues. I agree that it seems like Microsoft releases things much too early. I'm a techie so wonder what the "general" user does? Oh, I know. They switch to Apple. There's something to be said for the software provided to have almost complete control of the hardware. Microsoft is creating a beautiful product here and I want to stay with W10 - maybe. I'm using my Chromebook more and more. And even turn on the Mac Mini with I get tired of windows glitches.

Update: !! I did a manual install and it worked!! Ok, I'm loving W10 once again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No problems here on all computers. Even though it said installation failed in the history of my Win10 HOME, winver says 15063.608 .
Should probably have waited with a driver install until this one is finished, my bad......

Ask a Question