KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISTION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL This is what i recieved after installing Windows

Reaction score
This is what i recieved when i installed Windows 10. My laptop kept restarting with this Error, so i had to go back to windows 8. I didnt have Windows 10 for even 24 hrs.

Reaction score
Hi,

What Brand and model no of Laptop?
What do you have plugged in to the laptops USB ports?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am receiving the same problem and I am really not sure where to go from here. I would like to get some help.

Problem:
KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IQRL

Reaction score
I figured out a solution to my mentioned problem.

Before that error screen appears, you will be asked to enter your password. Please do not enter it, but rather use the 'Tab' button and navigate to the 'NEXT' button of the lower right screen. Follow the simple instructions given and windows 10 will complete the upgrade process. Only then will your password be recognized and everything returns to normalcy again.
I suggested using the TAB button because using the mouse caused the computer to experience the same error.

Best of luck

Reaction score
Hi,

I am receiving the same problem and I am really not sure where to go from here. I would like to get some help.

Problem:
KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IQRL
I am having the same problem. It is completely random. Sometimes - if I am lucky - I get twenty minutes of computer time before Kernel comes up. Will switch to Apple if this continues. Totally frustrated with Windows 10

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
From what I've been reading around the web this problem would seem to be associated with a third party hardware device.
Specifically a USB Dongle, for a wireless device ( mouse, keyboard, (bluetooth, IR or RF)).
Do you have any such device attached to your computer?
If so have you tried to substitute a more standard wired keyboard and mouse to see if the problem persists?

Ask a Question