Keyboard driver error

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I just noticed this....in device manager, my keyboard (Logitech G510) is showing a driver error all of a sudden. Why?

keyboard.png

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
So I uninstalled software/driver and reinstalled. ATM all was working fine. Now, less the 24 hours, the problem has reoccurred. This time checking the properties. It's showing code 38.

keyboard 2.PNG

Regedit32

Reaction score
Does your keyboard have one of those wireless USB dongles?

If it does, maybe removing that, then uninstalling / reinstalling the USB controllers, first, plus a reinstall of the Logitech 510 driver will stabilize things.

Regedit32

Reaction score
So apart from seeing the warning in device manager, have you actually noticed any issue using the keyboard?

I know with the recent Insider builds that triggered what I consider a false warning for the Windows update service.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Yep....works fine.

I've re-downloaded new copies of driver/software and reinstalled driver/software more than a half dozen times. It will last a few hours of few days. Then back to the error. The first time I found this; I went to control panel/hardware/keyboard/right clicked and did the trouble shoot option. That worked the first time but hasn't worked since.

Right now it shows no error....but I did another uninstall/reinstall around 3 am EST. Who knows.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I've not owned any fancy keyboards myself, so I've never had the opportunity to try, but, is there an option to choose to run a generic Microsoft driver for the keyboard - like, in my case I use a generic Microsoft HD Audio driver instead of a now unsupported IDT HD Audio driver that refuses to work in Windows 10.

Given there is not obvious signs showing up while you use your keyboard, maybe it is a false/positive, and ignoring it might be just as effective. I took at the New Zealand, website that supports your kind of keyboard, and its no longer listed for sale, but from what I could tell there has not been any alerts for the particular keyboard and Windows 10 - so its a real mystery why Device Manager is reacting as it is.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
yes....and the keyboard functions just fine. I just can't set the backlight of the keyboard or set any macros.

Yes...i thought of that as well. Even with the error showing it works just fine. I'm just as confused as you are.

This model is an older one and it's hard to find new. Logitech is still supporting it as it has drivers for windows 10 and it's driver/software package has been updated once. I'll keep using it until it's no longer supported or I replace it. Then I'll hand it down to my son.

Ask a Question