Keyboard slow to respond

Reaction score
I have installed windows 10 from windows 7 and now I have problems with my laptop keyboard, it affects all keys. The keys have to be pressed very slowly to work. I rebooted yesterday and it was ok for a while then the problem returned. It has taken me 6 minutes to type this in.

Reaction score
I have had a report from one of our engineers about the same issue. It is taking several minutes before the keyboard responds. This is noticeable from the login screen. He has also report a lag or delay when typing. I also have noticed the delay while typing from time to time. This is a MSI GT60 with 2.?? GHz I7 processor and 24GB of RAM.

Reaction score
I have installed windows 10 from windows 7 and now I have problems with my laptop keyboard, it affects all keys. The keys have to be pressed very slowly to work. I rebooted yesterday and it was ok for a while then the problem returned. It has taken me 6 minutes to type this in.

I had the same problem after I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Keyboard response time, perfectly good with Windows 7, became very slow and missed key strokes with 10. All the keys were affected. I maximized the keystroke response time in Windows 10 but that did not help. My computer is a Toshiba laptop several years old. I went to the Toshiba website and downloaded an update to the keyboard driver for my model. Keyboard response time has returned to normal (and I am a very fast typist). So in my case it was not a Windows issue, but a Toshiba issue. Hope this helps someone.

Reaction score
I had the same problem after I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Keyboard response time, perfectly good with Windows 7, became very slow and missed key strokes with 10. All the keys were affected. I maximized the keystroke response time in Windows 10 but that did not help. My computer is a Toshiba laptop several years old. I went to the Toshiba website and downloaded an update to the keyboard driver for my model. Keyboard response time has returned to normal (and I am a very fast typist). So in my case it was not a Windows issue, but a Toshiba issue. Hope this helps someone.
Thanks for your comments.
I have the same problem with my Toshiba laptop (Satellite). After I downloaded and reinstalled drivers from Toshiba website, the problem is fixed. There are other window 10 related drivers at Toshiba site. I have installed some of them as well to avoid future problems in Window 10.

Reaction score
Thanks lakeforest. I was so intent on resolving my keyboard crisis I did not think to look for other Toshiba laptop updates for Windows 10. I will do it today.

Reaction score
This
I am very new to W10 and experienced this problem straight away on my TOSHIBA lap top. Will now contact TOSHIBA. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reaction score

Ask a Question