SOLVED KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys

Reaction score
I've been experiencing random crashes during the past few days where my computer shuts down and displays the above message, I believe it has something to do with my on-board graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 530)

I also have a second card which is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M.

I've attempted doing driver updates, rollbacks, re-installations, BIOS update, etc and none of these things have worked, could anyone please have a look at the zip file I've provided to try and make sense of the DMP files? I would greatly appreciate any help you guys could give me!

Attachments

• DESKTOP-04GFSGR-Fri_18_11_2016_183805_20.zip
    940.9 KB · Views: 757

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It looks like, sometime after November 2nd you switched from McAfee AV (which looks like it was complicit in an earlier BSOD) to AVG.
Why not try uninstalling AVG using the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel and follow that up by using the vendor specific, proprietary removal tool.....
http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities
You might also want to run the same for McAfee just in case in left some remnants, it's called MCPR (McAfee Consumer Product Removal) and a link to it can be found here
https://service.mcafee.com/webcente...&showHeader=false&_adf.ctrl-state=ddzeqkudb_4

Make sure Defender and windows Firewall are re-enabled afterwards and see if that provides any stability to your system.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, I'll try doing the suggestions you've made and I'll let you know if another crash happens after doing so.

Reaction score
Since removing AVG/McAfee I've had no crashes occur, I believe my problem has been resolved.

Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You're welcome, but.....
It's only been a few days. I'd give it a week maybe two before pronouncing the problem solved.
Continue using the computer with the native Defender and Firewall product and stay away from third party solutions for now.
After a couple weeks you can start breathing easier and perhaps re-visit the AV problem.
Personally, I just use Defender and MalwareBytes Premium and of course the native Windows Firewall.