SOLVED Language Display Problem

Reaction score
I have a Lenovo-brand laptop already upgraded to Windows 10 when it was bought and I have 3 languages installed in it, English being my default, Japanese being my 2nd, and Spanish being my 3rd, but whenever I get a text file or a program in the 2nd or 3rd language, my laptop doesn't seem to recognize it's own languages, even if that language is in it's DEFAULT display, like this uƒIƒiƒbŽq‚¨¢˜bŒW‚ä‚¢‚½‚ñv1.00v‚ð (this was supposed to be in Japanese original display so don't ask)...any ideas or any fixes in the language updates, I would appreciate it...

P.S. I also have a HP-brand laptop that was Windows 8 before upgrading to 10 and same thing, 3 languages installed but the problem with that one was that it would mix the English and Japanese display such as the START menu and the right-click menu. It can translate a text file or a program if was if one of the other 2 languages but the display didn't bother me none.

Reaction score
1.Press the Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

2. Click on Clock, Language, and Region.

3. Click on Region.

4. Click on Change keyboards or other input methods of the Regional and Language.

5. Click on Administrative tab.

6. Click on Change System Locale button under the section of Language for non-Unicode programs.

7. Click on the Drop down menu and then select Japanese.

8. Restart your computer and check if it helps.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard to both of you.

My home network is a blend of English and Spanish. Fortunately, I am able to get along. It seems that Windows puts out Single Language Editions and they can really confuse things.

Reaction score
1.Press the Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

2. Click on Clock, Language, and Region.

3. Click on Region.

4. Click on Change keyboards or other input methods of the Regional and Language.

5. Click on Administrative tab.

6. Click on Change System Locale button under the section of Language for non-Unicode programs.

7. Click on the Drop down menu and then select Japanese.

8. Restart your computer and check if it helps.
Thanks for the tip, this worked. I appreciate the lookout...

Ask a Question