Language pack problem

Reaction score
Anybody have any idea on this?

I installed the Korean language pk on the W10 Home upgrade for a Korean person, it went OK, got it working and got the language tool bar on the tray, it has ENG as the "primary" language set, and the KO under as the 2nd choice, I have it that way on my W10 Pro machine, as I did on 7 and 8 and 8.1. On each of those I can select which language to use, but on this one even though the language bar is the same, the system now has pretty much everything in Korean, all the start menu stuff, all the explorer stuff, pretty much everything, mine is ALL English even with the Korean language pk is installed ,only thing I use it for is if I want to mess with typing in Korean. Which I don't do much.

So now I'm stuck and can't seem to find any setting at all that makes English the main language. I checked all settings again, and English is the TOP (1st) one on the list.. kind of has me stumped ,only thing is maybe cause mine were all Pro versions and this is the Home version, I dono, I doubt it.

I'd end up having to uninstall the whole language pk to get it back to English I guess If I ever had to repair the thing again.

Reaction score
I have Win 10 Home on this laptop.
I have Chinese installed with English as default display language.
I do not have your problem.
If I need to switch display language I'll go to.......
Settings > Region and Language > left click at the one I want to use > click Set as default > reboot.

Reaction score
I have Win 10 Home on this laptop.
I have Chinese installed with English as default display language.
I do not have your problem.
If I need to switch display language I'll go to.......
Settings > Region and Language > left click at the one I want to use > click Set as default > reboot.

I got all that already, English is set at the top (1st) language, and already set as default, clicking on it has the "set as default" grayed, only "options" are available, the Korean DOES have the "set as default" available, so English IS already the default set language, I never changed that when I installed the Korean pk, I made sure English WAS still set and Korean was on the 2nd level. Like I said I had done this several times on my units and others, but never had this occur, I always set the language bar on the tray that has the option of selecting one or the other, the same way I did on her's, the bar is there and shows EN for English as the first item and selected.

So I have no idea what the heck is p cause I checked all settings and made sure they matched the ones I have on my own laptop. Anyway she likes it that way, and as long as she doesn't hose it up for me to fix again it doesn't much matter, just if I do need to re do it I'd have to completely remove the language to revert back to English and re install after.

btw David if your also involved on that "other" W10 site maybe you could post the question (for me), I seem to have been banned "forever" for a pretty petty reason, but don't much care at this point.

Reaction score
I have no idea what has happened to that computer of yours.
Sorry.

I am not sure which "other" W01 site you were referring to. There is one I do not participate anymore because it has become a " chat room " among all the "gurus". I don't go to a forum to engage in "discussion". I go to a forum trying to help others, if I can.
The only time I go to that site is searching for tutorials.

Let's see if I do understand you problem correctly so that if I go to an IT forum, I know what to ask........
You have an English language computer. Win 10 Home is installed.
You installed Korean language as added language with English as the default display language.
The problem you have is...... the computer displays Korean language and you cannot change it back to English.
That's right ?

Reaction score
I have no idea what has happened to that computer of yours.
Sorry.

I am not sure which "other" W01 site you were referring to. There is one I do not participate anymore because it has become a " chat room " among all the "gurus". I don't go to a forum to engage in "discussion". I go to a forum trying to help others, if I can.
The only time I go to that site is searching for tutorials.

Let's see if I do understand you problem correctly so that if I go to an IT forum, I know what to ask........
You have an English language computer. Win 10 Home is installed.
You installed Korean language as added language with English as the default display language.
The problem you have is...... the computer displays Korean language and you cannot change it back to English.
That's right ?

yup that's about it, but its not my computer, its some friend of mine's wife's laptop (W10Home) who happens to be Korean :), mine is fine with this setup. (W10Pro)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yeah well if its the same W10 forum place I'm talkin about, it was exactly part of the reason I ended up banned "forever" no less over "offending" one of their darling room sitters from some foreign country, after he posted something I just responded to on my post. this is after having been on that forum for almost 2 years and no problems. Oh well like you said its not a "chat room" so we'll leave it there.

Ask a Question