Laptop crushing

Reaction score
Hello,
my laptop has been crushing when I open heavy applications such as games on it. Mostly happens with League of legends.

At first, it crashes by screen laptop going grey and the only way to make it work again is by shutting it down and turning it on again. Recently, I have looked up that external devices can cause laptops to crush. Therefore, I looked into my device manager and saw that there is an error with my bluetooth headphones (AirPods) driver. So, I disconnected them from my laptop and uninstalled the drivers for them. I did this yestrday.

Today It improved! it stopped crashing as frequently, now it only crashed twice but in a different way. My laptop completely turns off when it crashes while I play league of legends.

I looked into the event viewer and this iswhat i saw:
1577032953132.png

How do I fix this? Please help!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum.

It's difficult to tell from the information you supplied whether the HP Active Health event is something to be concerned with or not.

Are you able to double-left-click this event and post the full error message?

In your posted image, you highlighted the System.Threading.Monitor.Enter(Object obj) method. That Method is used to acquire an exclusive lock of an Object. This will fail, if another application has already acquired a lock on the same Object, and given your HP Active Health may have acquired that lock on a Object, this may be what is triggering the Event you are seeing.

Having said that, this is all perfectly normal. Assuming the HP Active Health is interacting with an Object, once its completed this task, this same Object can be acquired by the System.Threading.Monitor.Enter(Object obj) method.

My gut feeling, without further information being supplied by you, is that this Event you have noted in your opening post is a red herring and will prove not to be the real issue, but given the purpose of this HP application is to monitor, create a report and post this back to HP, then you might want to see whether disabling this application while you play your game makes a difference.

I'm not really much of a Gamer, but there are plenty of members here who are, who may have some more useful help for you. The things I'd be checking for are:
  • Does my computer specs meet the minimum requirements for the Game
  • Is my RAM sound or has some of the RAM failed
  • Is my computer overheating during game play and can I alleviate that
  • If the game is online, is my ISP connection solid
  • Is my Graphics card / chipset setup up optimally

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Does your computer have switchable graphics cards and if so, which of the two GPU's are you using?. :cool:

Ask a Question