laptop problem

Reaction score
To give more advice- we need
The laptop model number/name.
Basically - do you mean it will not start ?
Have you just had updates installed ?
Can you get to the screen, but is it just black with white dash at top left

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You're going to need to supply some more detail.
What laptop?
Manufacturer Name, Model Name, Model Number (complete and full model number from bottom label)
What version of Windows 10. Home, Pro, 32 bit, 54 bit, normal or single language.
AND
What is it doing? Black screen, blue screen, green screen, anything on the screen at all including POST info when you turn it on, error message(s)

Reaction score
Hello, it is an Acer Aspire laptop, with windows 10. It suddenly shows a message 'your laptop had a problem and needs to re-start, and then it closes down completely and restarts',

Reaction score
Hello, it is an Acer Aspire laptop, with windows 10. It suddenly shows a message 'your laptop had a problem and needs to re-start, and then it closes down completely and restarts',
I would suggest that is an update 'sticking'.
Try shut down - start up with tapping f8very quickly, and see if it will go to safe mode.
If not, Shut down-10 seconds, startup- several times- I have found Windows 10 will revert to the restore point it makes before updating..
Sometimes a graphics update will make this happen, if Windows updates that.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Boot from the installation media
The installation media can be obtained through this resource.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Once you have downloaded the ISO you can use ImgBurn to burn it to a DVD http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
OR
Rufus to burn it to a USB ThumbDrive http://rufus.akeo.ie/
either of which you can use to boot your computer.
When you've managed to boot from the installation media you need to click the Repair Your Computer link on the second page after the Choose a Language and Keyboard layout page.

Screen2.png

That should get you to the Advanced Troubleshooting options, where you should have various options that might be helpful
System Restore
Startup Repair
Startup Settings to attempt to boot the system to Safe Mode and or Safe Mode with Networking.

CommandPrompt.JPG

Reaction score
I have attached a file I created in pdf form -towards the bottom you may find some useful help.

Trouble has given you the easy way to recover to previous of any update

Attachments

• w10imaging and repair.pdf
    681.9 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Reaction score
I have attached a file I created in pdf form -towards the bottom you may find some useful help.

Trouble has given you the easy way to recover to previous of any update

Many thanks for this, I'll have to read it through before action-ing.

Ask a Question