SOLVED Latest Upgrade

Reaction score
I have an HP laptop that came with windows 10 pre-installed. Everything was working beautifully just the way I wanted it to until last night. Last night I saw a message saying "updates were ready to be installed" and they would install them at 3:30 the following morning. Okay, so I went to bed with a perfectly running computer and woke this morning to nothing. The first thing I noticed was that all my icons in the taskbar were gone. I hit the start button and got nothing. I can get a list of things when I right click. Other than that I can't access a darn thing. The last time I checked the history of updates I noticed you could uninstall the latest updates. Barring a way to get the start button working can anyone tell me how to get to the system update section to turn back to where I was? Thank you.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So.....
Have you shut down and restarted your computer a couple times at least since the problem began?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That's certainly what I would try but that's me.
To answer your original question....
can anyone tell me how to get to the system update section to turn back to where I was?
Right click the start button and choose run or hold the windows logo key and strike the R key
In the run dialog box type
ms-settings:windowsupdate
hit enter and click OK
that should get you to the Update & Security window and from there you can navigate to Advanced options -> View update history -> Uninstall Updates

Reaction score
Thank you very much! All it took was one shutdown and all is right with the world and I was so afraid to shutdown. That was terrific, thanks again.

Ask a Question