Launching internet shortcut at boot

Reaction score
When I run the (Firefox) Internet Shortcut to MessagesforWeb manually, it responds satisfactorily. How could I trigger that to run at Windows boot ?

Reaction score
I have done that but it does not work. So I thought it might need a delay, which I can introduce in a batch file. The problem is that the shortcut is not a LNK, but a URL, and I do not know how to make that effective in a batch file.

Reaction score
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" "https://www.facebook.com/"
The first quoted text is the address to a browser. The second quoted text is a parameter passed to the browser. Change the browser address to match your browsers address. Change the URL to the one you want to open. Make sure that both are wrapped in quotes. This insures that any spaces do not break the text into multiple parameters. Which will cause errors.

Adding such lines to bat/cmd files will initiate any executable. You only need to include a full path to the application or your script will not be able to find it.

Ask a Question