LCD screen has gone turquoise

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is this a standalone LCD screen (rather than a built-in one in a laptop)? If so, could it be the settings on the LCD itself? Perhaps take a look at the monitor settings menu (generally a physical button on the display) and see if you can reset the colour settings. There is often a "colour temperature" setting which can turn the display more blue or red, which tallies with your problem.

Gox

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. It is not a stand alone screen, but built into my laptop. ( Compaq Presario CQ56.) so I haven't got the button you suggest. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
When you first turn on your laptop and the Compaq logo appears, is that discoloured too - or is it only a problem once Windows loads?

Regedit32

Reaction score
if you physically move the laptop does the screen flicker or alter colour?

If it does then its likely the cable connecting lcd to board has loosened. The manual that came with computer, or the one online for your model, probably has instructions on replacing screen which would show you where cable is located and how to reseat it if its loose.

Gox

Reaction score
No, the compaq screen is the normal orange colour, but it has only ever flashed on for a moment . Then the windows page and logo is the normal blue and white, then my desktop photo has a bit of turquoise in the sky and a little in some of the taskbar logos. When I open up BBc news (home page) or hotmail, then most of the page is turquoise where it should be white.

If I physically move the laptop the screen doesn't flicker or alter colour. Hope that helps with the diagnosis!

Ask a Question