Lenovo & Win 10?

Reaction score
Anyone try to update a 6 year old Lenovo U350 Idea pad Laptop yet? It's currently running Win 7 Home 64 bit just fine. Hesitant to try it.

Reaction score
Anyone try to update a 6 year old Lenovo U350 Idea pad Laptop yet? It's currently running Win 7 Home 64 bit just fine. Hesitant to try it.

Suggestion only :
Why not go to Lenovo support forums and ask the folks who use the same model.
Lenovo users may have better inside knowledge of the subject.

Reaction score
I have an Ideapad U310 Touch came with W8, upgraded to 8.1 the day I got it. Been using it as one of my Insider Preview machines since the winter. Works fine with build 10240. Had sound problems and wifi problems in the early days. Mine has that weird setup with a 25GB SSD used by Lenovo as a sort of big cache to the HDD. After doing a clean(ish) install half way through the Insider program it seems to act as a separate drive now. I guess to get it back one would have to locate and reload the original Lenovo W8 and start again .

Reaction score
I just clean installed the ideated s9 I have. A tad slow. But works. Finally figured how how it all works.

Reaction score
I have been running the Insider Previews on a T500 - no issues (generally)

Reaction score
I've upgraded a ThinkPad T410 to Win10 from an .ISO file. It did not go smooth. Many stalls and glitches. I was waiting for my automatic notification from Microsoft but got impatient. This may have been a big mistake. I think they are working with the PC manufacturers to make sure all the drivers and proprietary programs work okay, then rolling out the upgrade to those devices. Another thing that happened to me (not Microsoft's or Lenovo's problem). I inadvertently downloaded an .exe file that was disguised as another program file I wanted on the internet. When I executed it, I faced a massive torrent of malware that just kept loading and opening new and unwanted programs on my PC. I tried in vain to uninstall them and actually got to the point of a BSOD. Then I was forced to use the repair feature on the Win10 .iso disk and lost all my old files and programs to a completely fresh and new install.

Reaction score
Win 10 installed itself on my desktop, and it worked sort of OK. But I was reading and deleting a lot of old files in my doc folder. I accidentally opened an olf reg backup and it overwrote my rag. Well that hosed my system. I had to reformat my C drive and I just installed Win 10, then have spent @ 40 hrs restoring all the programs from my D, E, and F drives. At least I had the opportunity to del old programs I didn't use anymore, and reinstall updated versions I wanted to keep. That was one nice thing about keeping all my programs on a different drive.

Ask a Question