SOLVED Lenovo Yoga 2 (10.1inch)from windows 8.1 to windows 10

Reaction score
I updated my Lenovo Yoga 2 (10.1inch)to windows 10 and now its very laggy! is there anything i can do to make it faster? i tried to download avg tuneup and still nothing! it was working great on windows 8.1

Note: i erase the windows 8.1 version since it was taking 11gb from my storage and i was unable to do anything because of low storage space

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums @sulaimanq8 :).

Is there anything in particular that is slower (i.e. certain apps) or is it just laggier all round? The first thing I'd do is load up "resource monitor" (use the Windows 10 search box) and then see which apps take up a larger than expected potion of CPU, Disk and Memory. You could post a screenshot of those 3 sections on here if you want us to take a look.

It may be that there is an application using unexpectedly high resources since the upgrade. If we can identify it, we can fix it.

Reaction score
Ok i took screen shot and its laggy in general even when im writing right now
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (2).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    122.9 KB · Views: 681
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    73.4 KB · Views: 664

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have mentioned - could you order them by resource usage. For example order the CPU results by the CPU % column, the Memory results by Commit (KB) and Disk by Total b/sec.

Reaction score
After intall Win10 my Yoga 2 also laggy as hell. Win8.1 works like a harm. Ill send photo soon.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't see anything problematic at a glance, the loads seem fine at the time of the screenshot. Do you have lots of things loading on startup (if you check the startup tab in task manager)?

How laggy are we talking, is it extremely difficult to use or just a little sluggish? If it's extreme then it could well be a driver problem, but if it's just sluggish then it is probably an app running in the background (generally speaking).

Would you consider doing a clean install (and backing up your data first)? It's a drastic step, but it should eliminate a lot of potential problems if you go down that route - but you would need to be very comfortable doing that and aware of the risks.

Reaction score
It seemed that restoring the system and deleting my files also solve 85% of the issue

Although i need to use it and download office and other app to check

Ill keep you informed guys

Regards,

Reaction score
look at this stats.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    674.8 KB · Views: 649
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    656.8 KB · Views: 674