SOLVED Likes and dislikes

Reaction score
Hi guys. Forgive me, if in error. I am dropping out of the "like" tips.
It appears to be merely some kind of a reciprocal agreement, without a great deal of meaning. (I'll pat your back - you pat mine)

Those posting with intent to help, will still have my full appreciation. Their reward will, quite rightly, come with the satisfaction of having successfully assisted someone.

Reaction score
HI Dave,

I actually think there should be a "Don't like" button on forums like this. You still have my appreciation Dave even if you don't want to click on the button!. :):):):)

Reaction score
There is, on some forums. But, alternatively, I visit a couple of others where they have abandoned it altogether, as being superfluous. On one, it was open for discussion for a while, some time ago, with a resounding NO.

Bot my op was merely to point out to my peers that there was no malice aforethought, I just would not be "liking " posts anymore.
Certainly, I will follow up posts with deserving context, in most cases, with a follow up post anyway.

I confess that, only a few months ago, I was examining the Members list, and was a little surprised by the table of likes. I decided to participate for a while, to put it to the test. In a very short while I rose from a position well down (I had not, until then, clicked any "likes"), to third on the list, with no conscious effort.

Reaction score
images

Bif

Reaction score
@davehc , I whole heartedly agree with your assessment..I was on FB for a very short period thinking it might connect me with old friends but instead put me in the middle of a grumpy old spinsters convention of who "liked" what the next one said.
I left all forms of social media behind at that point, I think on forums such as this it is innocuous however..but your point is well taken.
Is there room in the club for one more grumpy "middle aged" man that generally hates everyone?...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Although, I don't know who or how many people actually pay much attention to such things.....
I think we might apply some simple math to inspect the validity of any such claim of
I'll pat your back - you pat mine
564 is 20.3536629% of 2771
1612 is 15.2362949% of 10580

Personally, i'm not here to be "liked" or to be disliked.
I've seen various reward systems abused on many forums.
I'm pretty certain that is not the case here.
Just sayin

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I associate the like and dislike system to FB (facebook). Personally I think any forum with a like system is a joke (No offense Ian), just my personal opinion. If a forum is going to reward a member for a job well done then an actual reward should be given, whatever that may be. But a like system, although I do give likes for what they are intended for, they have a hollow meaning.

Reaction score
Doesn't make any difference to. Although some members like it. I don't see anything wrong with
Thanks!

Windows 10 has produced more Grumpy Old Men.
3b53b536ebbbc14702586bc7450bbb1a_009-19-the-grumpiest-bell-pepper-ever-3643096_800_0.jpg

Reaction score
Haha! Gotcha Bif.
Your Herculean urge to click that button lasted as long as a New Years Resolution.
lol.gif

Reaction score
Haha! Gotcha Bif.
Your Herculean urge to click that button lasted as long as a New Years Resolution.
lol.gif
that long, huh!!??? :D:D:D

apropo "grumpy old man" : why you think my nick is Grizzly?? I am old,grey and grumpy most of the times, sometimes I even growl......:cool::cool:;)

Ask a Question