SOLVED "Limited" Internet Connection

Reaction score
So I installed Windows 10 3 days ago via the USB provided by Microsoft through purchase on their online store. Since the install I have found that my WiFi connection, on startup, will work for maybe 2 minutes before dropping down to "Limited" and occasionally disconnecting entirely. My PC is custom built and has worked perfectly fine for the almost 2 years I've had it. I've tried everything from resetting the router, having my ISP replace the router, uninstalling my Wireless Adapter from the Device Manager tool, installing the latest driver updates (Windows 8 for Rosewill RNX-N250PCe) and even running the ipconfig release/renew (which didn't release for some reason.) I'm seeing a lot of people with the same issue and most people are seeming to arrive to the conclusion that the drivers are the issue. I'm just reaching out to see if anyone knows what I can try. Not having a working PC is a bit of a strain on my day to day.

Reaction score
Try uninstalling the WiFi driver one more time and let windows 10 automatically reinstall it after restart.

Reaction score
I had a very lengthy and heated discussion with someone at Microsoft tech support yesterday. According to them, this is a "known issue" with Windows 10 and they are "working on it". The only solution the guy had for me yesterday was for me to rollback to Windows 8.1 and wait for a fix. I have a Microsoft Surface i5. How the heck do you create an OS that doesn't at least work with your flagship computer? Seriously?

Reaction score
Well here's my problem with that. Previously, I had a torrented version of Windows 7 that wasn't activated. I did a clean install of Windows 10. So is it even possible for me to roll back?

Reaction score
Well.. You need to wipe the computer and put your old version back on. I had to use an image file because I had already deleted 8.1. But if you don't have an old version you may have problems. But if you didn't remove your old version you may be able to rollback.

Reaction score
Nope... as always with most tech support, the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

Reaction score
Update: I contacted Microsoft Support to see if I could try anything else. We ran a system scan and then he recommended I either A) Revert back to previous OS (which I can't do) or B) Reinstall Windows 10. Which led me to ask how the hell that would make a difference since it's the same files. Asked for a Tier 2 tech and he told me I could schedule a call 2 days out. Told him that's unacceptable and now he's trying to get someone for me. I hate being "that guy" but shit, how am I expected to act after I just BOUGHT this OS and it doesn't even work.

Reaction score
Update: so the Manager called me back quick enough to tell me that because my Drivers are for windows 8.1 then it won't work until the manufacturer puts out an update for the new OS. Basically "It isn't our fault, it's their fault" at its best. So I've sent an email to Rosewill support about the driver issue and when I can expect to see a new update or if I'm going to end up having to buy a new adapter. Thanks for the help guys.

Reaction score
I asked Rosewill on Twitter and they replied to me that a driver will be released in either September or October 2015. @spiderted

Reaction score
So I installed Windows 10 3 days ago via the USB provided by Microsoft through purchase on their online store. Since the install I have found that my WiFi connection, on startup, will work for maybe 2 minutes before dropping down to "Limited" and occasionally disconnecting entirely. My PC is custom built and has worked perfectly fine for the almost 2 years I've had it. I've tried everything from resetting the router, having my ISP replace the router, uninstalling my Wireless Adapter from the Device Manager tool, installing the latest driver updates (Windows 8 for Rosewill RNX-N250PCe) and even running the ipconfig release/renew (which didn't release for some reason.) I'm seeing a lot of people with the same issue and most people are seeming to arrive to the conclusion that the drivers are the issue. I'm just reaching out to see if anyone knows what I can try. Not having a working PC is a bit of a strain on my day to day.

Reaction score
Its not just you I have the same problem on a preview version of windows 10 for a Nokia phone and on the Microsoft Surface 3 pro which has just been upgraded to 10 pro. Worse the Ethernet connection also only works some of the time. I have tried most of the things you have. Rebooting the router followed by the Surface seems to work but it may only be a coincidence.

Reaction score
went through this video and got the wifi issue fixed at my dell inspiron running windows 10.

Ask a Question